Eric Clapton

Status
Not open for further replies.

cunundrumpw

Reaction score
Agreed. Great guitarist. According to Rolling Stone Magazine, he is the second greatest guitarist alive today (topped only by B.B. King himself). The best is of course Jimi Hendrix and the second is Duane Allman. He is the one that made me a true fan of classic rock.

willg54

Reaction score
Seen Jimi, Duane, B.B., AND Eric. Jimi's the best, but I REALLY used to like Clapton when he used to do his long jams with Cream. He was also really good in Blind Faith. After he kinda changed his style, I lost a bit of interest in him. Still, he IS definitely ONE of the greats. After Jimi, I think my favorite is Vai.

TuskCracker

Reaction score
His last really good playing was
-> Rainbow Concert (1973)
-> In Concert Derek & the Dominos (no Duanne Allman) (1973)
-> Delaney and Bonnie On Tour With Eric Clapton (1970)

He peaked a long time ago

Riordan

GALLAGHER FAN
Reaction score
A great guitarist but i never really liked his lyrics just too many love songs.

kvcoty

Reaction score
I heard that Cream was going to tour this fall possibly reunion between Ginger Baker & Eric Clapton. I heard it on the radio in Boston. Did anyone else hear this?

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
Yeah, but they're only doing a British tour from what I heard with three show at the Royal Albert Hall :mad:

Working Class Hero

Nothing is Real
Reaction score
I love Eric Clapton, and personally I think he's a better guitarist than Jimi. Jimi does amazing things with his guitar, but technically, I prefer Clapton.

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
Well, I decided he was pretty hot stuff back while I was making model airplanes and listening to my Cream albums. He's still amazing, don't get me wrong, but sometimes he sounds like he's just going through the motions, playing things the way he's played them a million times before. Sometimes he sounds an AWFUL lot like B.B.King and I like B.B.King but we already have one of those (for the time being)

In Cream, he played blues but an amped up adrenalized blues.
Martha like.

Rapid Fire

Reaction score
When he started venturing into the blues only material in the late 80's / early nineties, I started to lose interest in EC. However, I still enjoy his 70's output alot. It's still bluesy but at least it rocked. Has anyone heard his new album? I've been hearing mixed reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online