Eric Clapton

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Re: New Clapton album on the way

His J.J. Cale collaboration was pretty awesome. If this lives up to the expectations that one set, I'll be a very happy Feldster :)

The tracklist seems to indicate it's a very bluesy one as well, which is good, because that's when Slowhand was at his best IMO (although it's all pretty awesome).

And I like Derek Trucks....

snakes&ladders

Reaction score

Eric should stick to doing things with Cale and B.B. King....he'll never go wrong that way....:)

Fever

Reaction score

I guess I am in the minority because I didn't care for the J.J. Cale album at all.

Wanted Dead Or Alive

Messenger Of Music
Reaction score
Ah, Eric Clapton...one of my fave musician and in my top 4 fave guitarists. I read some people here prefer his rocking 70's stuff to blues, I beg to differ... His best periods were:
1. Up to 1970 - Cream, Blind Faith, and Derek And The Dominoes which are the peak of his career, culminating with the fantasti Live At Fillmore album which has his best playing ever.
2. From the mid 90's till now - When he started playing THE BLUES again, From The Craddle album, some amazing live performances which continued all the way till today. In 2008 he realeased great live album with Steve Winwood with amazing versions of Double Trouble, Little Wing and Voodoo Chile which show that God still has it.

I hope the new album will be bluesy and electric...

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Unfortunately...this is not a very good album,it's something you'd listen to while working in your garden or having afternoon tea. :zzz:

classicrockmagazine.com

Eric Clapton releases his 19th solo album next month, and it’s simply called Clapton.

His first album in five years, it comes out on September 28 through Reprise, and features guests Steve Winwood, Sheryl Crow and Derek Trucks among others. The full track listing is:

1) Travelin’ Alone

2) Rocking Chair

3) River Runs Deep

4) Judgement Day

5) How Deep Is The Ocean

6) My Very Good Friend The Milkman

7) Can’t Hold Out Much Longer

8) That’s No Way To Get Along

9) Everything Will Be Alright

10) Diamonds Made From Rain

11) When Somebody Thinks You’re Wonderful

12) Hard Time Blues

13) Run back To Your Side

14) Autumn Leaves

Clapton told Billboard: ” t’s actually better than it was meant to be because, in a way, I just let it happen. It’s an eclectic collection of songs that weren’t really on the map-and I like it so much because if it’s a surprise to the fans, that’s only because it’s a surprise to me, as well”.

Find out more at Eric Clapton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online