Eric Clapton

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
I don't really like Clapton's original tunes, but I LOVE him as a blues guitarists. As a blues guitarist, he's one one the VERY best, top 5 easily. He's so clean and controlled, but still plays with feel...And he can play electric or acoustic equally well. Clapton is a blues MASTER!

Last edited:

PinkFreud

Rock Junkie
Reaction score
Best blues guitarist out there! Love his work with Cream, as well as his solo endeavors. Bell Bottom Blues is probably my favorite Clapton song (Derek & the Dominos, but still...Clapton :p)

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Probably the best version of ''I Shot The Sheriff'' you'll ever hear and see is on Clapton's ''Live In Hyde Park'' CD. Great jam, with a passionate solo at the end. Starts off nice n' mellow then Clapton catches on fire for the finale of the song!

wbuiz7.jpg

Last edited:

ecisgod

Reaction score
I'm a very big Eric Clapton fan and I have seen him live several times. In my mind he is the most technically perfect guitar player alive or dead. I really like blues music such as Robert Johnson,Muddy Waters, BB King, etc.... Every time I have seen E.C. play live I have always left tapping my toes and loving the music that was played the entire night....

ecisgod

Reaction score
Eric Clapton is probably my favorite guitarist of all time.

Next would be Jerry Garcia, but that's another thread.

Eric Clapton can and has played it all. From all styles of the blues to rock to pop to psychedelic rock to country to hard rock to reggae, and even jazz. He's the humble master of the guitar.

I have everything Eric Clapton has ever recorded. Every solo album, every Yarbirds, John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers, Cream, Blind Faith, Delaney and Bonnie and Friends and Derek and the Dominos albums.

I'm a really big fan of Clapton's solo albums. Sure, he put a few not so perfect solo albums over the last 40 years as a solo artist, but so have other greats such as Jeff Beck, Paul McCartney, Neil Young and Bob Dylan.

Since 1980, I've seen Eric Clapton about 20 times. I love Eric Clapton. He's such a humble man and he seems like a real nice genuine guy and not a ''rock star''. Clapton is probably one of the most respect musicians in the business.

Here's two great videos:

Further On Up The Road - Eric Clapton and George Harrison.

Too bad this video clip is too short, you get a nice shot of the crowd going crazy, and Clapton rips a nice solo!

''Tore Down'' this is HOT!

Couldn't agree more....well said !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online