Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
:bump:

"slow hand" I love him! He was great with the Yardbirds, Cream, Derek and the Dominos, and as a solo artist.

Quite possibly one of the most gifted guitarist/singer/songwriters to ever step foot on a stage.

Kudos! Layla!

Reaction score
461 Ocean Blvd. all day haha, thats my favorite album coming in second is Slowhand, then my third favorite clapton album is probably Another Ticket, I'm not sure, his stuff with Delaney and Boney is pretty cool too, and then, theres an album called backless that is like all blues stuff with a bunch of people I believe, and thats pretty good, but nothing tops 461 Ocean Blvd for me.

Last edited:
F

FoxyPage

He's a great guitarist but I am probably one of the few people who just couldn't get into his work. Cream was alright and of course the Yardbirds were awesome but other than that, he just kinda bored me. Still, very talented guy.

Flower

retired
Reaction score
well, i decided he was pretty hot stuff back while i was making model airplanes and listening to my cream albums. He's still amazing, don't get me wrong, but sometimes he sounds like he's just going through the motions, playing things the way he's played them a million times before. Sometimes he sounds an awful lot like b.b.king and i like b.b.king but we already have one of those (for the time being)

in cream, he played blues but an amped up adrenalized blues.
Martha like.

:d

SmackMyBUp

Banned
Reaction score
Check out this old pic of Clapton with the Yardbirds for 64 that i found..

3396074995.jpg

man that brings me back

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Dang! that photo hardly looks like Clapton. Nice photo find, BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online