Eric Clapton "Just The Blues"

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Eric's next move was to eventually launch him into the stratosphere, on the world stage he would become a major hitter. Along with Ginger Baker and Jack Bruce he recorded the debut Cream album "Fresh Cream" featuring some original songs from Jack and Ginger and also a few vamped up arrangements of blues standards.

dwxm35.jpg

Cream - "N.S.U."

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Clapton is just amazing, I have a few of his a solo albums and some other stuff too and always love to hear him play, the guy just moves me:)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
2mn3yv9.jpg

One of the all time killer albums IMO. Eric raised the bar for guitar players with that 1960 Les Paul Standard on this one. Released in 1966 "John Mayall's Blues Breakers With Eric Clapton" was produced by Mike Vernon who gave Eric freedom in the studio to play as he would live. A nightmare for the egineers at the time but well worth the effort.

I've seen that album a few times but never gave it a second thought,,,a little blues rock usually goes a long way for me but your synopsis intrigues me Sox so I might make an effort to collect that one.:hab:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
For me LG it's a landmark album and Eric was allowed to put out the way he wanted, given the year the album was released it's just amazing IMO.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Looking at the cover photo I'm having trouble figuring which one is Eric...:think:

He's changed his look quite often over the years.

Seeing your our resident EC expert, do you think he was better before his trip into the depths of Heroin addiciton...or did that hamper his ability later after he kicked the habit?

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Eric's reading the Beano (comic)

Good question, I think there are things he did at one time he would struggle to pull off now but that could be age. Richard Cole Zep's Tour manager went out on a U.S. tour with Eric and said on that tour Eric never let the drugs and booze spoil his work on stage. I think when you are involved with an addiction the edge is taken off but Eric was lucky he came back.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Indeed if he managed it right then he could still perform at a high level but it is too bad he did fall into that trap, fortunately he came to his senses and got healthy again.

He is going deaf in one ear now, but won't use the equalizing/hearing protection almost every new artist uses these days. He told Larry King he will just play on as he's always done and let whatever happens take it's course. Depending on the severity he is making a mistake, but nobody back in the 60's and 70's cared about going deaf, they were young and invincible now they are all paying the piper.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I can't really comment - all the gigs, loud music and heavy machinery I have been exposed to I reckon I'll need an aid before too long.:uh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, I figure another ten years before I start to look for hearing aids for the same reason as you, mostly machinery noise when I was young, back then nobody cared about protecting your hearing for the long term. Now they have all kinds of stuff that I wished was around back in the 70's...along with regulations as well.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Tell you what LG I wish I had Eric's ear for music, IMO when he plays at full tilt he takes some beating and with Jack and Ginger his game had to be on. :pullhair:

"I'm So Glad" Cream

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online