2003: The Phantom Agony
2005: Consign to Oblivion
2007: The Divine Conspiracy
2009: Design Your Universe
2012: Requiem for the Indifferent
2014: The Quantum Enigma
DVD

2004: We Will Take You With Us​

Epica are a symphonic metal band from the Netherlands, led by female vocalist Simone Simons. The band originally began in 2002 under the name Sahara Dust and with a different female vocalist, who was replaced after a short period of time by Simone, who was the then girlfriend of guitarist/vocalist Mark Jansen, and the band changed the name to Epica. Their latest album, Design Your Universe, hit shelves in October 2009. The album includes an appearance bu Sonata Arctica vocalist, Tony Kakko.

Epica's sound combines power metal, gothic metal, symphonic metal and prg metal.

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Epica

Hey you finally posted another Metal band I like,,,I have all of Epica's albums.:D

F

FoxyPage

I had a feeling you would like these guys, lol. I know ya don't like too much growling and all that crazy stuff. These guys popped into my head and as I was posting it, it did pop into my head that you would probably dig them. Simone is freakin' beautiful.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I listened to the music before I knew what Simone looked like, but after I checked her out I was on the Epica bandwagon.:D

F

FoxyPage

lol!

So I'm guessing you like female vocals? I could try to find some more bands you might like if you enjoy female vocals.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I have all of Nightwish's albums, with Tarja and the new singer, and Evanescence although I know Amy Lee's band is not metal, so if you know anymore metal bands with female vocals I'm up for it.;)

Cutthroat1117

Reaction score

Not energetic enough for my palette, but not bad. Grendel likes the phonetically pleasing vocals, and I have quite the soft spot for redheads. Win-win, I suppose :D

Amirlan

~Amirlan~
Reaction score

epica is better than new night wish.....

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Absolutely brilliant band.
Design your Universe I managed to secure on CD which is rare here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online