Official Website

1987: Enya
1988: Watermark
1991: Shepherd Moons
1995: The Memory of Trees
2000: A Day Without Rain
2005: Amarantine
2008: And Winter Came...

Any other Enya fans! Not ashamed to admit that I'm a huge fan of her music and since she has a new hits compilation out, I thought it would be cool to start a thread here in the Celtic forum and see who else enjoys her music.

Post favorite songs or videos...I'll go way back for the first entry!

51qsGVla1cL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

The Celts

Book Of Days

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have this Enya CD:

Enya7.jpg

I am not a huge Enya fan, but I have enjoyed this CD. She has a beautiful voice and the music works with such harmony to her vocals. I have to be in a special mood to listen to her music.

Wild Child (Live)

Only Time (Live)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I have 5 of her CD's, they are definitely for a particular "Mood" for me, but when I play them on the big system the combination of her vocals and the musical accompaniment are spectacular, better turn the subwoofer down on your systems, unless you want to damage it.;)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
A Day Without Rain is my favorite disc and yes..on a big sytem is where it counts.

Enya only gets the home theater treatment here. :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
My art teacher in High School got me to listen to them. I have the best of collection and it has everything I need on it. It is beautiful music but not something I've ever listened to on constant rotation. Like LG said I have to be in a particular mood for it.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Enchanting and ethereal are two of the words I use to describe Enya's music.

:grinthumb

Well stated, Hepcat!

My Daughter, whom was only 11 years old at the time, wanted "A Day Without Rain". I never persued anymore CD's, but I do admit to liking her music. I dont have a subwoofer to worry with, but the surround sure does make her sound enchanting!

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
Thanks to the New Age station that bought L.A.'s #1 rock station KMET in 1987, I first heard of Enya when they began playing "Orinoco Flow". I just fell in love with that song, and I eventually bought her Watermark and Shepherd Moons cds. After really liking those (to my surprise), I ventured out and bought The Memory of Trees and her debut cd The Celts which were also two very good cds. And of course I also bought A Day Without Rain when that came out in 2001. Such great song composition, and of course her beautiful voice. Great music to listen to during a holiday dinner party with a fire going in the fireplace.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Great music to listen to during a holiday dinner party with a fire going in the fireplace.

Exactly what I was thinking KMET, her music is excellent to unwind to after a hard day on the job site as well.;)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online