Entombed (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

A death metal band from Sweden I recently just got recommended. I have two albums of theirs Clandestine and Left Hand Path. I enjoy these 2 albums for several reasons, the really raw sound, this is the more old school death metal sound, reminds me of the mixing of Altars of Madness to some degree from Morbid Angel. Have not really heard much of their other stuff but just going by these 2 albums so far, this band is awesome, and deserving of a thread. I really enjoy the death metal grind this band produces.

Band Members
Lars Göran Petrov - vocals
Nico Elgstrand - guitar
Victor Brandt - bass
Alex Hellid - guitar
Olle Dahlstedt - drums

Discography
Studio albums
Left Hand Path (1990)
Clandestine (1991)
Wolverine Blues (1993)
DCLXVI: To Ride Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth (1997)
Same Difference (1999)
Uprising (2000)
Morning Star (2002)
Inferno (2003)
Serpent Saints - The Ten Amendments (2007)

Couple of my favourite songs on Left Hand Path.

Favourite songs on Clandestine.

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score
Re: Entombed

Clandestine is the better album but both are great. They went on to death'n'roll on subsequent albums. Nicke went on to form Hellacopters and the band went through ups and downs in the 00's.

Just saw them again this year - great, great show. Oh boy do the deliver the goods live! :D

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score

Great band!! Saw them when they had their second one out. Really good and brutal band live. I remember that concert very clear because the boyfriend of my sister wanted to tag along. I warned him because it was not really his music. In the second song he looked with despair to the sky , shaked his head and left for the back of the hall :heheh:.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Clandestine is the better album but both are great. They went on to death'n'roll on subsequent albums. Nicke went on to form Hellacopters and the band went through ups and downs in the 00's.

Just saw them again this year - great, great show. Oh boy do the deliver the goods live! :D
Yeah I hear they are killer live. My Clandestine album came with a free dvd of a live setlist of this album. Might check it out.
Great band!! Saw them when they had their second one out. Really good and brutal band live. I remember that concert very clear because the boyfriend of my sister wanted to tag along. I warned him because it was not really his music. In the second song he looked with despair to the sky , shaked his head and left for the back of the hall :heheh:.
What other albums do you recommend?

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score

delete button? sheesh, crf is giving me a hard time :pullhair:

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score

I kinda lost them in the mid 90's. But Wolverine Blues is not bad at all.

Yup, that one and To ride, shoot straight. I also like Uprising a lot, has some good stuff on it. And their recent albums are a bit of a return to form.

Check out live stuff if you can, I've never seen a dvd with them. YouTube's got some cool clips though.

Pixel

The Woolly One
Reaction score

I've been curious about this band for a while but never got round to listening to them, so I'll check out these vids later on :)

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

I have Left Hand Path,Clandestine, Wolverine Blues and Morning Star. Like all of the ones I own and just listened to Wolverine Blues a couple times in a row about a month ago.

Here's Chief Rebel Angel off of Morning Star:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

Missed Flip's comment on DVDs or lack there of the first time through but they actually do have one called

Monkey Puss :Live in London

Entombed.jpg

Thats the only one I'm aware of. I'd have to do research to know if there are any others are out there or not .

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online

Members online