Ennio Morricone (Official Thread)

Nora

Reaction score
b2b0771b-101d-4f9a-a37e-10e3b05fbfac_zps250eaad2.jpg

Biography

Ennio Morricone (born November 10, 1928) is an Italian composer, orchestrator and conductor, who has written music for more than 500 motion pictures and television series, as well as contemporary and modern classical works. His scores have been included in over forty award-winning films.

Awards

In his long career, Ennio Morricone has received many awards other than the Golden Lion and the Honorary Oscar, among which 8 Nastri D’argento, 5 Baftas, 5 Oscar Nominations, 7 David Di Donatello, 3 Golden Globes, 1 Grammy Award and 1 European Film Award. In the 2009 the President of the French Republic, Nicolas Sarkozy, has signed a decree appointing M° Ennio Morricone to the rank of Knight in the Order of the Legion of Honor.

In the recording field, Morricone has received 27 Golden Records, 7 Platinum Records, 3 Golden Plates and the “Critica discografica” award for the music of the film “Il Prato”. The soundtrack from the film The Good, The Bad and The Ugly has been included in the list of inductees for the Grammy Hall of Fame 2009.

Discography

Songs

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Ennio Morricone is one of those composer's whose music you can spot right away, it's so distinctive unlike anyone else.

I'm sure the Clint Eastwood trilogy is as famous for Ennio's soundtracks as the movies themselves, to be honest I like the music more than the movies.:D

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
I also enjoy Morricone's music, though I've only heard it from the trilogy that LG Speaks of, but it's so distinctive though which makes it interesting. Personally though I enjoy those Spaghetti Westerns, though the 3rd one is a bit too long, even if the tune from it is a classic, though I have to wonder why I hear one version of the song on the radio and the movie of it has a different take on it. :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Gotta love radio edits old man...:heheh:

Mistral Wind

Reaction score
He's one of the most talented composers in contemporary music history. I find it shameful that he has never won an Oscar, apart from the one to his career.

He can be very epic... and he, apart from soundtracks, has also done good "songs"... like "Se telefonando" for the most important italian singer of all times, Mina.

and I'll post for the third time in this forum also this song from the soundtrack of Django Unchained (please forgive me...but a favorite singer is a favorite singer :p)...

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^They should have given him an Honorary Oscar for Lifetime Achievements, like they gave Peter O'Toole years ago.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^They usually do that kind of thing when they realize that the Academy has botched things up for years and years and then give the honorary award before the recipient dies.

At least they did give him something.

Julie

Reaction score
Amazing composer!!
As LG said, a very distinctive sound, he's one for the books.
Nice thread Asani...something. Sorry long name. ;)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.