Emmylou Harris (Official Thread)

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Emmylou Harris Official Website
Emmylou Harris Discography

Where's the love for Emmylou?!!!

She sort of falls in between two stools maybe...I think some would see her as a folk singer, she's an amazing collaborator, and the list of seemingly countless artists she's worked with over the years goes on forever and crosses so many different styles (Springsteen, The Band, Elvis Costello, Neil Young, dozens more) But ultimately I'm sure this girl from Birmingham, Alabama would declare that C&W is at the heart of most projects she embarks on.

Of course, let's not forget the album (and tour) she did with Mark Knopfler, it says as much about his flexibility as it does about her ability as a singer/performer, and I never tire of listening to the 'All the Roadrunning' album and the brilliant concert DVD they made.

Anyway, here's 3 I like featuring Emmylou, including one with MK...and how totally cool is the amazing Little Feat doing 'Dixie Chicken' with Emmylou on vocals.

StarThrower

Reaction score
Re: Emmylou Harris

I like her first 5-6 albums or so. Mainly her ballads. I'm not too crazy about the up tempo country jamboree type songs. Favorite tracks are Poncho & Lefty, Easy From Now On, You're Supposed To Be Feeling Good, Before Believing. She's also a naturally beautiful woman. A class act!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Emmylou Harris

I never really followed Emmylou Harris but even I know she has nothing but class and the respect of everyone in the music business.:bow:

Craig in Indy

Your cool Uncle
Reaction score
You can't really have a discussion about Emmylou Harris without mentioning her beginnings as a musical protege of the late, great Gram Parsons. They made some incredible recordings together.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
As some of you might know, Emmylou's most recent release was a collaborative album with Rodney Crowell. Well, they've recorded a new album together called "“The Traveling Kind”, which will be out on May 12th.

81ig3tKVYvL._SY355_.jpg

Tracklist:

1. The Traveling Kind (Rodney Crowell/Emmylou Harris/Cory Chisel)
2. No Memories Hanging Around (Rodney Crowell)
3. Bring It on Home to Memphis (Rodney Crowell/Larry Klein)
4. You Can’t Say We Didn’t Try (Rodney Crowell/Emmylou Harris/Cory Chisel)
5. The Weight of the World (Rodney Crowell/Emmylou Harris)
6. Higher Mountains (Rodney Crowell/Emmylou Harris/Will Jennings)
7. I Just Wanted to See You So Bad (Lucinda Williams)
8. Just Pleasing You (Rodney Crowell/Mary Carr)
9. If You Lived Here, You’d Be Home Now (Rodney Crowell/Emmylou Harris)
10. Her Hair Was Red (Amy Allison)
11. La Danse de la Joie (Rodney Crowell/Emmylou Harris/Will Jennings)

Here's a new track:

The last album they did was great, I expect this one to be great as well!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Staff online

Members online