Electric Blues

Otto

racing fool
Reaction score
Spike said:
Absolutely. Or Albert Collins. Or Albert King. Or Luther Allison. Or Magic Sam. Or Little Milton. Or ... they go on and on... :)

Spike

I'm a big Peter Green and Johnny Winter fan.

What else should I check out?
The guys that Spike listed a good place to start?

I think I'll go see Johnny Winter in a few weeks.
Anyone seen him lately? How's his playing?

pooldude

Older than Dirt
Reaction score
Otto said:
I'm a big Peter Green fan.

I saw the original Fleetwood Mac @ the Fillmore way back in ’69. They put out a beautiful sound that was drenched in reverb & stinging blues licks.

47013071-c1d7-015E0215-.gif

They were originally called “Peter Green’s Fleetwood Mac” because Peter had earned great fame as Eric Clapton’s replacement in John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers in ‘66. Then Peter left, & was replaced by the young prodigy Mick Taylor.

47013689-e6f1-00FA011F-.gif

Peter Green was considered one of the top 5 White Blues Guitarists of his time.

Jeremy Spencer also sang lead & played excellent guitar, along with 3rd guitarist Danny Kirwin.

Of course, Mick Fleetwood was on drums.

John McVie had been in the Bluesbreakers with Clapton.

47013144-4864-014D00DB-.gif

The band was very influenced by the Chicago Blues of Muddy Waters & Howlin Wolf & the slide guitar of Elmore James.

The song Green Manalishi, especially, proved to be ahead of it’s time. All 3 guitarists eventually flipped out from drugs & mystical religions, & left the group, & gave up their financial rewards, & disappeared from the scene by the early ‘70s.

48396635-412b-00C800C2-.gif

Reaction score
bb king
and johnny winter
and eric clapton kick some seriuos blues ass, i really like anything that you can just feel the blues slapping you in the face with the pain in their voice and the feeling put into the guitar thoe

no allman bros do my favorite blues songs, definately duane allman o my god is he amazing at slide

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
I saw the original Fleetwood Mac @ the Fillmore way back in ’69. They put out a beautiful sound that was drenched in reverb & stinging blues licks.

They were originally called “Peter Green’s Fleetwood Mac” because Peter had earned great fame as Eric Clapton’s replacement in John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers in ‘66. Then Peter left, & was replaced by the young prodigy Mick Taylor.

Peter Green was considered one of the top 5 White Blues Guitarists of his time.

Jeremy Spencer also sang lead & played excellent guitar, along with 3rd guitarist Danny Kirwin.

Of course, Mick Fleetwood was on drums.

John McVie had been in the Bluesbreakers with Clapton.

The band was very influenced by the Chicago Blues of Muddy Waters & Howlin Wolf & the slide guitar of Elmore James.

The song Green Manalishi, especially, proved to be ahead of it’s time. All 3 guitarists eventually flipped out from drugs & mystical religions, & left the group, & gave up their financial rewards, & disappeared from the scene by the early ‘70s.

Great summary! I'm a big fan of the original Fleetwood Mac. Listen to the lyrics of this track:

Man of the World

It's quite prophetic. It's a real pity Peter Green and the other two went off the deep end.

:wa:

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
How about Tab Benoit and his swamp blues! I really like the album "Brother to the Blues"

And the Climax Blues Band....excellent electric blues band in their early years, before they went to pop music.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online

Members online