Eisbrecher

Harkat

Reaction score

Eisbrecher
201008031508255289443.jpg

Official Website

Eisbrecher is a German Neue Deutsche Härte band that consists primarily of Alexander Wesselsky (vocals) and Noel Pix (lead guitar/programming), with live support from Jürgen Plangger (guitar), Domonik Palmer (bass), René Greil (drums). In the United States and Canada, their record label is currently Metropolis Records. The band's name translates from German to "Icebreaker". The band's lyrics and slogans often include terms of ice and sailing, such as "Ahoi" ("Ahoy") and "Es wird kalt" (It's getting cold); vocalist Alexander Wesselsky often wears naval and military clothing in performances.

Eisbrecher is strongly influenced by Rammstein who pretty much gave birth to Neue Deutsche Härte.
Neue Deutsche Härte - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The term invented by the German music press after the release of the debut album Herzeleid (1995) by Rammstein. It describes a Crossover style that is influenced by German rock, hard rock, and groove metal/alternative metal combining it with elements from electronic music and techno. The lyrics are generally in German, sometimes with Latin words or terms. It uses the basic setup of instruments for metal, electric guitar, bass guitar, drums and vocals, with keyboard, synthesisers and samples. Emphasis is on a demonstration of predominance, by over-pronouncing certain syllables and letters (such as the uvular trill). The vocals are thus dominantly presenting in deep, male, and clean voice.

Band Members:
Alexx Wesselsky – vocals
Noel Pix – lead guitar, Production
Jürgen Plangger – rhythm guitar
Domonik Palmer – bass guitar
Rene Greil – drums, percussion
Max "Maximator" Schauer – keyboards, programming

Discography:
Eisbrecher ~ 2004
Antikörper ~ 2006
Sünde ~ 2008
Eiszeit ~ 2010
Die Hölle muss warten ~ 2012
alexander-alexx-wesselsky-eisbrecher.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Interesting a young lady from southern Germany introduced me to Rammstein a few months ago, not my favorite genre of metal but I'm will to give anything a listen at least once.

Harkat

Reaction score
Its an interesting sound that they have.
Not my cup of tea but it is an interesting sound they have =]

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Sooty won't see this but that young lady also posted some Austrian/German hip-hop that I actually could listen to without the urge to hurl....:heheh:

Not that I would ever buy it but when sung in a foreign language and done well hard rock/metal is kind of neat.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
The track " Mein blut " is excellent ,love it. :grinthumb Have to really check this band out.......the other tracks sound SO MUCH like Rammstien..perhaps too much

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Recently borrowed 2 EISBRECHER cds off a good friend...must say Im well impressed. I love the electro / heavy guitar crossover in their sound. This is a band strangely enough I recomended to him....because hes a big RAMMSTIEN fan.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
So good I had to borrow another album.....their latest " EISZEIT " . No surprise its great listening !! :grinthumb.....and not everytrack sounds like Rammstien

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online