Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Edward Sharp and The Magnetic Zeros
edsharpe070408003.jpg

Now this is a colorful group! :D Alex Ebert, who is also the lead vocalist of Ima Robot, formed this ensemble group that tells the story of Edward Sharp! According to Wikipedia, Edward Sharp is a messianic figure sent down to earth to save mankind but is distracted by girls and falling in love. It also turns out that Alex came up with idea while in a 12 step program so it makes sense! :heheh: Anyway, as odd as this project is it provides some great infectious music as well as dramatic over the top theatrical music and videos will remind you of Jesus Christ Superstar on crack! :D

The following vids are from the album:

Up From Below
Edward-Sharpe-and-The-Magnetic-Zeros-Up-From-Below-Front-Cover-27007.jpg

Home
(Fun infectious pop song is probably them at their closest to normal)

Kisses Over Babylon

Desert Song
:)wtf:.....:lmao: music starts at 1:44)

Zombeels

Reaction score
Re: Edward Sharp and The Magnetic Zeros

I only like 2 songs off their album.

Reaction score

My god.... that band is weird!:heheh:

I liked Home, reminds me of B52's mixed with Chicago, if you mixed all the drugs from their each band's after show parties at once in a blender and Mr. Sharp here took them all down after 15 gallons of Mountain Dew.... I liked Home a lot though, very original and cool, the others posted were just too out there for me....

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

My god.... that band is weird!:heheh:

I liked Home, reminds me of B52's mixed with Chicago, if you mixed all the drugs from their each band's after show parties at once in a blender and Mr. Sharp here took them all down after 15 gallons of Mountain Dew.... I liked Home a lot though, very original and cool, the others posted were just too out there for me....

I know dude! That's the beauty of looking up bands that are new for this section. I'm still getting into them at the same time as everyone else so I'm just as unsure as anyone else. :heheh: I tend to like bands with a weird edge though! :D

Reaction score

I know dude! That's the beauty of looking up bands that are new for this section. I'm still getting into them at the same time as everyone else so I'm just as unsure as anyone else. :heheh: I tend to like bands with a weird edge though! :D

I like weird, but daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn:heheh:
I don't know if I'd just have to be in a certain mood to like the ones that are too out there now... I'm in sort of an adventurous/eerie/melancholy type mood right now, and that's when I usually like the more ambient, not as punchy tunes.... I'll keep these guys in the back of my mind, check the thread back later... and well, if nothing else, they have that weird thing going for them:tongue:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I like weird, but daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn:heheh:
I don't know if I'd just have to be in a certain mood to like the ones that are too out there now... I'm in sort of an adventurous/eerie/melancholy type mood right now, and that's when I usually like the more ambient, not as punchy tunes.... I'll keep these guys in the back of my mind, check the thread back later... and well, if nothing else, they have that weird thing going for them:tongue:

By the way, Home is the main song I like from them so far! :heheh: The others I'm going to have to relisten to as well! :D

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Just Home and the title track Up From Below

I can see why you like it as well Zombeels because it's closer to the vibe of home than the other ones. It almost seems like the c.d. broke off into two or something! :heheh:

Up From Below

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

I can't say that I don't dig it! ;D

But why is he always shirtless in the middle of nowhere? :heheh:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka