Eddie & The Hot Rods (Official Thread)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
ehr2.jpg

This band need no introduction, a pub band from Essex, the band were originally formed under the name 'Buckshee' in 1973. They rehearsed in drummer Steve Nicol's garage in Rochford, Essex. Bassist Rob Steel was known by his nickname, 'The Hustler'. They changed their name to Eddie and the Hot Rods after Dave Higgs joined. He was more experienced, and it was his input at this early stage that helped them to gel and get gigs, eventually, in 1975, hitting the London pub rock circuit.

Official Website

Teenage Depression (1976)
Life on the Line (1977)
Thriller (1979)
Fish 'N' Chips (1981)
Gasoline Days (1992)
Better Late than Never (2005)
Been There, Done That... (2006)
35 Years Of Teenage Depression (2011)

They are still touring and do a really good version of "Belgian Tom's Hat Trick", I saw them do it live and thought that is heavy and wild. You would do well to check these out as they are a hard working band and always do a grand show.

band6.jpg

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Re: Eddie And The Hot Rods

good band,,i own a few of their singles..teenage depression being one of them. they did get lumped into the punk section but are rnb just a bit speeded up lol....similar bands who were as good if not better DR FEELGOOD and THE LURKERS

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

I loved the Lurkers when I saw them support the Buzzcocks, " Go ahead punk make my day, that's what Clint Eastwood used to say", classic. Eddie And The Hot Rods can come and play in my yard anyday.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score

I saw Eddie and the Hot Rods quite a few times as they were always on the club circuit. They appeared on TV at the same time with Andy Mackay on saxophone. I remember the lead singer scurrying through Mackay's legs during a solo spot. Their best song in my view was as Do Anything You Wanna Do released as The Rods. It is quite true they were lumped in with punk rock, but they were more like No Dice, Dr Feelgood, Pirates, etc.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Some more classics from Eddie and The Hotrods

Ignore them/Get out of Denver

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
Saw them on the 19th December supporting Quo! Missed the start but they were awesome. Should have been billed above Bonnie Tyler.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Eddie and the Hot Rods were a blast, on that knife edge of causing chaos when on stage!
I saw them at clubs mostly, spit, beer, leather and a whole lot of shoving.
Dr. Feelgood were from that neighbourhood too and the grime and shabbyiness oozed thru the tunes.
I witnessed the best version of 96 Tears ever.
Breakneck MG32 pace here:
Get Out Of Denver.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online