Review Earthless - From The Ages (2013)

album review

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
From_the_Ages.jpg

007.jpg
Band: Earthless
Genre/Genres: Psychedelic Rock, Acid Rock, Hard Rock, Experimental Rock, Stoner Rock, Stoner Metal.
Release Date: October 8, 2013

Track Listing
1: Violence of the Red Sea – 14:46
2: Uluru Rock – 14:08
3: Equus October – 5:42
4: From the Ages – 30:55

From the Ages is the third full-length studio album from the San Diego psych/stoner band Earthless. It's been six years since their second album, Rhythms from a Cosmic Sky, was released. This starts right where they left off with their last releases. They rock like Zeppelin, space out like Floyd, and jam like Hendrix. Earthless consists of Isaiah Mitchell (guitar), Mike Eginton (bass), and Mario Rubalcaba (drums).
All of the tracks are great, they range from just over 5 minutes (Equus October) to 30 minutes (title track, From the Ages). The stand out track for me would have to be the 30 minute title track. It combines everything I love about the band, from the talents of Mitchell (one of the most underrated guitarists around thanks largely in part to being unknown), the hypnotic and heavy basslines of Eginton, and the Bonham like drumming of Rubalcaba. It show cases all the talent of the members, particularly the drum work of Mario Rubalcaba.

I usually write longer reviews, but I don't feel the need to do that with this album. Just listen to the links below. If they are dead before you can, just pick up a copy.
If you're a fan of Hendrix, Zeppelin, Kyuss, and or anything along those lines, you should check this and their other albums out.

10/10

Personnel
Isaiah Mitchell – guitar
Mike Eginton – bass guitar
Mario Rubalcaba – drum kit

Earthless_large-480x350.jpg

earthless-gatefold.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I'm intrigued reading your summary Mud...and the cover art is spectacular. If it's out in vinyl I would be tempted to get a copy for sure...have to ask Richard next time I'm in the city.

Don't think I've ever seen you give out a perfect 10/10 before either.

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
I think they still have copies of the vinyl left, not too sure to be honest though. Yea, I enjoyed it and can listen to it multiple times with out skipping anything. Even though their tracks on average are 15 minutes, or more, they keep it interesting through out. The 30 minute track is a perfect example of how a song can be long, but still remain great and interesting regardless of the length.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online