Early traditional US heavy metal 1981-1986 ( glam/thrash metal excluded)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
STEELER
LP/Steeler....1983

A bit of a supergroup that only made one album. Guitarist Yngwie Malmsteen went on to bigger and better bands.Vocalist Keel went on to make a few albums too.Malmsteen seems a bit embarrassed about Steeler...referring to them as a shitty glam band.
Not to be confused with another band called STEELER from Germany who made several albums around the same time,also featuring a virtuoso guitarist... Axel Rudi Pell !

Hot on your heels

I liked that one Steeler album, in fact, I was just listening to it about a week ago on my most recent trip home from vacation. I haven't heard Yngwie say anything bad about Steeler, but knowing his personality, it wouldn't surprise me. However, for him to leave Steeler and join Alcatrazz was not exactly a step up. Graham Bonnet and Clive Burr were the only two people in the band most anyone ever would have heard of. Burr left after the first album as did Yngwie. As far as vocals go, I'd rather listen to Ron Keel on the mic over Bonnet anyday and I say that as someone that likes Bonnet.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online