Early ACDC with Bon Scott

Jung Roe

Reaction score
One of my absolute fave hard rocking bands, ACDC! Especially enjoyed their early songs. Angus and Malcom's guitar runs are hypnotic!

In this one, Bon Scott is great on the bag pipes. Pretty rare for bag pipes to appear in a rock song, but they did it so good. Fits in perfectly.

Jung Roe

Reaction score
I love the dueling guitars toward the end between Angus and Malcom. One answers back the other like a conversation between the guitars. ACDC were good with their dueling guitar voice effects.

nedkelly

Reaction score
Sorry for the very belated reply here :):):).......what's in a year or 10 ?? Anyway, Bon WAS / IS AC/DC in my rock book, but Johnson could not have been NOT chosen to replace Bon. I dig both vocalists for diff reasons. By the way, did I ever tell you guys I met Bon in the mid 70s when he was still in The Valentines and other bands near Sydney ? Yes, he was touring the college circuits, high schools , etc. on the S Coast of NSW with his band and nobody knew him....YET !!!! Well, to make a long story short, I had been drinking lots of beer with my mates after school and along comes Bon and shakes my hand and says something to me, which, unfortunately to date I do not remember a damn word :(......my mates tell me I exchanged a few words with Bon, but I was too drunk to remember :(:(. I even shook hands with him!! WOW!! I had met a god in person and didn't know it :):):)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

This was the first song the band ever wrote with Bon, and its subject was his ex-wife. The title was not an insult; quite the opposite. There was genuine fondness in what he sang about her, albeit with a degree of candour she might not have appreciated: ‘She’s got balls, my lady/Likes to crawl, my lady/Hands and knees all around the floor/No one has to tell her what a fella is for.’

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
The first three albums for me Mark Evans on this!
You can deffo hear elements of Friday On My Mind 'vibe' back then.... That summer of '76(where's that time machine??)
Squealer.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online