Eagles of Death Metal (Official Thread)

Julie

Reaction score
:bow: :bow: EAGLES OF DEATH METAL! :jj: :cc:

Official Website

Wikiii:
"Eagles of Death Metal are an American garage rock band from Palm Desert, California, formed in 1998 by Jesse Hughes and Josh Homme. Despite the name, Eagles of Death Metal is not a death metal band. Hughes said that a friend was trying to introduce Josh Homme to the death metal genre. When he played the Polish band Vader and made a claim that the song was death metal, Homme called them "The Eagles of death metal". After hearing this phrase, he wondered what a cross between the Eagles and a death metal band would sound like. In a 2003 interview Homme described the sound of the band as a combination of "bluegrass slide guitar mixed with stripper drum beats and Canned Heat vocals." Jesse Hughes is known and loved by fans for his enthusiastic and charismatic interaction with audiences at live performances." => It's true, I saw them live and they were greaaat!!!

DISCOGRAPHY:
2004 Peace, Love, Death Metal
Released: March 23, 2004
Label: AntAcidAudio

2006 Death by Sexy
Released: April 11, 2006
Label: Downtown

2008 Heart On
Released: October 21, 2008
Label: Downtown

I noticed that there are some Kyuss fans here, so you must love them as well!

Cherry Cola & Now I'm a Fool

Solid Gold & San Berdoo Sunburn

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Re: Eagles of Death Metal

The Eagles of Death Metal are a fun band but their stuff is hit and miss for me. My favorite song by them though is "Don't Speak (I Came To Make A Bang!)".

Reaction score

Same, I'll really like some of it, and then not like other songs at all... I can't say I really like the band a lot, but they are good for a listen every once in a while....

I can't remember what the song is called, and it's going to drive me insane, but there was one from them, it had their sort of high pitch singing all the way through and is almost sort of, not psychedelic or trippy, but ambient I guess... I used to be obsessed with the song though.. it's killing me I can't think of the name:bonk:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Personally I've never been a Queens of the Stone Age fan but as Cosmic said these guys have a fun sound and I like a lot of bands who don't take themselves seriously even though they definitely can play like a serious band. Death By Sexy is an awesome album title! :heheh:

Julie

Reaction score

Yeahhh I love their nonchalant attitude:) Haha, I think Heart On is a pretty funny album name as well :heheh:

For Cosmic:
Don't Speak

Julie

Reaction score

Still no Eagles of Death Metal fans around? :p

They're coming to a festival in Belgium this summer but not sure I'll have the budget :/

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

I don't have any of their albums but do like them, did download this song, which I love

I Want You So Hard

And how cool is this with Jack Black :heheh:

Kiss The Devil

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online