Dumpy's Rusty Nuts

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Dumpy's Rusty Nuts are a British rock band founded in 1981 by the lead singer "Dumpy", the band attracted a cult following for their outstanding live performances in small rock venues. Despite playing classic blues rock, their initial audiences were drawn from the New Wave Of British Heavy Metal and they became particularly well-known at the London Marquee club, where they were a regular and popular attraction, playing some of their own compositions and some cover versions of songs from ZZ Top to name but one.

Official Website

Dumpy played a gig in one of my local pubs recently and I spoke to him, he sold me a copy of their classic live album, "Somewhere In England". He is a genuine guy and the music he makes is memorable, blues rock is alive and well.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Love the name, and I just stumbled across one of his albums...:D

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Got " somewhere In England" on CD and LP, they are quite rare. I remember when I asked him for a CD and he said which one and I said the aformentioned and he said good cos that's the one I have. I asked him how much and he said a bottle of Newcastle and £5. Gave him the bottle and thn forgot the £5 till he came up and asked me about 30 minutes later, I was so embarrassed but he thought it was funny. CD is straight from LP so could do with some mastering but hey **.

Iggy

Coal mining ruffian
Reaction score
Always have a chat with Dumpy when I can see him, very genuine guy, and a really good guitarist, he has a few incarnations going on the live scene, a Hawkwind tribute, acoustic set, and the nuts. He has been around since Lemmy was an egg and I kind of 'grew up' with him in the British biker scene. He was so proud that he got banned from our local rock club years and years ago .... 'My first ban'. He was swearing, so the little old lady that was working at the bar, hit him in the mouth with a mop from the gent's toilet. Happy days.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That's all it takes to get Banned from a Bar Iggy?

Boy I would be barred from every club in these parts for sure.:D

Iggy

Coal mining ruffian
Reaction score
Well, it was a while ago, he was on stage, and was told to tone it down by the lady in question,
and this lady may have been little, and old, but she was sure fearsome, and held a lot of respect in that club.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FernandoRu

Staff online

Members online