Drummer PHIL RUDD Wants Back in With AC/DC

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
melodicrock.com

philrudd-finger.jpg

Phil Rudd says his AC/DC bandmates have been giving him the cold shoulder, even though he's reached out to guitarist Angus Young asking to rejoin the veteran rockers.
The 60-year-old drummer isn't playing with AC/DC on their world tour after he was charged last year of threatening to kill a contractor and for drug possession at his home in Tauranga on New Zealand's North Island.
Rudd, who initially denied all allegations, had a change of heart and pleaded guilty in April.

He says his current bail conditions would allow him to rejoin the band on the tour, but the band have ignored his pleas.
"They haven't called me. I wrote them a letter and I tried to get in touch with Angus but I have had no contact from anybody," Rudd told the Nine Network's A Current Affair.
"I'm very disappointed, but that's life."
"Phil created his own situation. It's a hard thing to say about the guy. He's a great drummer, and he's done a lot of stuff for us. But he seems to have let himself go. He's not the Phil we've known from the past," Young said.Angus Young responded to A Current Affair in a statement, explaining that Rudd had changed from the bandmate they originally knew.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
He must have used a lot of those drugs. His mind is gone if he thinks they should let him back in the band after all this.

Just a drug conviction, maybe.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online