Drugs and Rock n Roll

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Stevie's coke problems are fairly well documented as she pretty much admitted to a lot of it. Gold Dust is a reference to coke because you pretty much need to own a gold mine to maintain a habit the size that some people have had over the years (Waylon Jennings of all people once claimed that he had about a $2000/day habit before he went clean in the early 80's)

One rumor I did hear about Stevie is that at one point, her nose was so messed up that she'd have someone blow it up her ass. No shit. I don't remember the term for it many years ago, but I know it is now referred to as a "booty bump".

Truckin

Ride Captain Ride
Reaction score
One rumor I did hear about Stevie is that at one point, her nose was so messed up that she'd have someone blow it up her ass. No shit. I don't remember the term for it many years ago, but I know it is now referred to as a "booty bump".

That's just not right! :pullhair:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

If the rumors about Richard Gere and the gerbil are true, then I could accept that one about Stevie as well.;)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Stevie Nicks herself has addressed that nasty rumor:

Stevie Nicks said:
Heard the one about the '70's rock superstar whose cocaine habit damaged her nose so badly that she paid someone to blow the coke up her arse instead? Stevie Nicks has. Her eyes narrow. "You know, I heard that too," she snaps. "But of course that never, ever happened. That is an absurd statement. It's not true. Maybe that nasty rumour came from the fact that people knew I had such a big hole in my nose, which of course didn't stop me from doing cocaine one little bit."

Read all about it HERE

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^You had to Know Magic would show up when you posted about a "booty bump"...:D

Over all the years that bands have toured here, no one artist yet has equaled Stevie's display on stage, Fleetwood Mac was at the height of their popularity, the show sold out in a couple of hours, people were anticipating a fabulous concert, and all they got to see was her fluttering around the stage in her ballet costume croaking out of sync and off key into whatever microphone was close.

Just sort of stands out even all these years later. Lindsay Buckingham saved their asses, and in the paper the next day said they would come back and play a Proper show to make up for what happened.

I've often wondered what the Post concert chat would be like when one of your band mates does that...:think:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online