Drugs and Rock n Roll

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
For ''Rumors'', cocaine was the drug of choice.

I don't condone drug use, but maybe if some of these modern rockers took some acid - maybe they could write some decent tunes....it might be worth a shot.

:heheh:

Groovy, you crack me up! I sure as hell dont want to hear Lady Ga Ga on acid

:lmao:

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Gold Dust Woman is about cocaine :grinthumb

Isn't cocaine white?

I only snorted cocaine once...God's honest truth.

I knew right away....this stuff can be addicting...and said never again.

Groovy, you crack me up! I sure as hell dont want to hear Lady Ga Ga on acid

:lmao:

Maybe she'd be normal....or at least, write some good tunes.

Then again, today...is weird being normal?

I'm not sure anymore!!!!!!!!!!!

:heheh:

Groovy Man

Reaction score
"rock on white dust woman" just doesn't have the same ring to it, Groovy

:whistle:

:heheh: ...this is true!

Hey...Magic....I know you're a big Stevie Nicks fan (I'm a fan too)...

but is it true Stevie Nicks had to get a nose job, because she did too much cocaine and it messed up her nose....or was that a ""rumor"?

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
:hijack:

BTW, Groovy, what cha got in that lunch box?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I always thought Gold Dust Woman and The Chain were kind of spacey.

I never thought of any of Fleetwood Mac's songs as spacey myself....not compared to the bands that specialized in that sound.

Magic might be right about Gold Dust Woman, being about Cocaine. I remember they toured here after "Tusk" or "Tango in the Night"...can't be certain and Stevie Nicks was a complete and utter disaster, she was so stoned out of her mind she just wandered around the stage making a complete fool of herself.

Fortunately Lindsay Buckingham took over and put on a great show without her.

Back to drugs and music, like Groovy I can't condone it but playing "Rider's On The Storm" by the Doors while under the influence of medicinal grade ether was blast, it absolutely added a whole new dimension to that song...:D

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
:heheh: ...this is true!

Hey...Magic....I know you're a big Stevie Nicks fan (I'm a fan too)...

but is it true Stevie Nicks had to get a nose job, because she did too much cocaine and it messed up her nose....or was that a ""rumor"?

It is kinda rumor and part truth, Groovy. Stevie Nicks has a hole in her nasal passage that she has not gotten fixed because it would alter her singing voice. She admits the hole was caused by cocaine abuse....

Read all about Stevie Nicks and her problems

Groovy Man

Reaction score
It is kinda rumor and part truth, Groovy. Stevie Nicks has a hole in her nasal passage that she has not gotten fixed because it would alter her singing voice. She admits the hole was caused by cocaine abuse....

Read all about Stevie Nicks and her problems

Ah, I knew I heard something like that...and now I remember some people saying her voice changed a bit, due to the damage in her nasal passage...

Thanks for the info, Magic....I knew you knew! :)

:cheers:

Truckin

Ride Captain Ride
Reaction score
Somehow picturing Stevie Nicks with a hole in her nose just blows all my fantasies of her right out the door. Anyways, although we are having fun with this thread now, as with many threads, we have strayed a bit from my original post. But that's ok...I'm always up for a good laugh.

I was watching South Park last night and it was about a new kind of music called Tween Wave. Have you seen it? When you listen to it the music sounds like people passing gas. They had two music performers playing it...Steamy Ray Vaughn and Steamy Nicks. Ha Ha!!!I was cracking up because Stanley realized that he didn't like it and it sounded like shit to him although all the other kids loved it. Then he discovered after going to the doctor that everything sounded and looked like shit to him. It got to the point that his "chronic cynicism disease" alienated him from his friends.

So I've decided that is why we cling to our music from our youth. We all eventually develop CCD and everything looks and sounds like shit. And those who pretend to like the the new music today are suffering from MDCCD(mentally deficient chronic cynicism disease):oyea:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online