Dragonforce (Official Thread)

Harkat

Reaction score
THIS BAND IS THE ONLY BAND THAT HAS THE FORCE OF DRAGONS BEHIND THEM!!
IF YOU DON'T LIKE THESE GUYS, I AM GOING TO HAVE TO FIND YOU AND KICK YOUR BACKSIDE HARD!!
4589-scroll.jpg

Official Website

Valley of the Damned (2003)
Sonic Firestorm (2004)
Inhuman Rampage (2006)
Ultra Beatdown (2008)
The Power Within (2012)
Maximum Overload (2014)
Reaching Into Infinity (2017)

Introduction:

DragonForce are an English power metal band from London, formed in 1999. They originally formed under the name 'DragonHeart' but there was a Brazilian band under the same name so they changed their name after their demo 'Valley of the Damned' to Dragonforce in 2002. They are known for fast guitar solos, fantasy-based lyrics, and electronic sounds in their music to add to their retro video game-influenced sound.

Dragonforce rocketed to the public eye with 'Through The Fire And The Flames' on Guitar Hero III. 'Through The Fire And The Flames' is recognized as one of the most difficult songs on Guitar Hero and is the bands most recognizable song.

Here is the 'official' song, which is just a shortened version ( a mockery of Dragonforce ) and the full version, as edited by a fan.

History:
Dragon.jpg
DragonHeart was formed in 1999 by Herman Li and Sam Totman. They acquired the skills of singer, ZP Theart. Drummer Matej Setinc, bassist Steve Scott and keyboardist Steve Williams joined them soon after.

DragonHeart toured with the likes of Stratovarius and Halford as supporting acts.

DragonHeart recorded their first demo 'Valley of the Damned' in 2000 but due to the discovery of another band under the name of 'Dragonheart' in Brazil, they changed to DRAGONFORCE!
At first it was an independent release but it was aided through the use of MP3.com, claiming the top of the site’s heavy metal charts and making them one of the most popular independent power metal bands in the UK at the time. The song 'Valley Of The Damned' reached over 500,000 downloads in the first few months :)wtf:).

The band went through a change of lineup after they recorded their first demo in 2000, losing: Steve Williams, Steve Scott and Matej Setinc ( Matej parted ways with the band to pursue boring academic studies in the Slovenian wilderness ).

The band recouped their losses with:
Didier Almouzni ~ Drums
Diccon Harper ~ Bass
Vadim Pruzhanov ~ Keyboard

'Valley of the Damned' was re-recorded and released on February 25, 2003 as their debut studio album.
They lost Didier and Diccon shortly after this but obtained:
Adrian Lambert ~ bass
Dave Mackintosh ~ drums

Dragonforce-SonicFirestorm.jpg
With these two new members, the band went on to produce 'Sonic Firestorm' December 10, 2003 with Dragonforce's longest song 'Soldiers of the Wasteland' at 9:47 minutes.
They were becoming a noticed band and toured with well known bands such as W.A.S.P and Iron Maiden.

62i7wd2.jpg
Try this rather amusing and shortened music vid of 'Operation Ground and Pound':
Just before the release of their third album, 'Inhuman Rampage' released January 2006, bassist Adrian Lambert left the band and was replaced by Frédéric Leclercq.
'Inhuman Rampage' is a favourite out of the Dragonforce albums due to its heaviness and complexity.
'Through The Fire And The Flames' was featured on 'Guitar Hero III' and propelled Dragonforce through the metal ranks. It has also been the subject of cheating, discussion and stuff like that. Enjoy :****:

Dragonforce_-_Ultra_Beatdown.jpg
Their latest album, Ultra Beatdown released 20th August 2008, and is the last album with ZP Theart who left the band March 8, 2010. The single for this album, 'Heroes of Our Time', was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Metal Performance but lost to Metallica's 'My Apocalypse'.

I am going to continue this at a later date.

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Harkat's Official Dragonforce Guide for Musical Wet Dreams!!

I have all of their studio albums, and despite all the criticisms leveled at the band over their short career I like them.

I am curious who took over as the lead singer, and how the next record is going to sound.(I don't have their last Live album, not sure if I am going to add it to the collection yet...:think:)

Harkat

Reaction score

LG, you MUST get Twilight Dementia!
I am close to saying it is better than all their studio albums combined!!
From what I have been listening to, they have seriously picked up their act!!
They are really top stuff now!

Old Dragonforce:

New Dragonforce:

This is what I have yet to write about, so just a head's up:

Member brief:

Music Style:

Controversy:

Live vs Studio:

How to have a wet dream:

Discography:

Singles:

Members in description:

Equipment:

Upcoming news and events:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I remember having a discussion about two years ago about DF, and there were many fans who said their live shows were not very good, according to many the band was drinking too much and it affected the concert. As well some others complained they didn't sound as "fast" as their records, which led to the whole Studio wizardry debate and whether they were actually capable of reproducing their studio performance live.

I will think about it Harkat, I am a completionist at heart so most likely the live CD will end up in the library, right now I have many other albums I want more though.;)

Harkat

Reaction score

Good, I am certain I can convince you otherwise ;)

For now listen to this from Twilight Dementia:

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

I sees me a keytar in the corner of the first picture there! :O

Harkat

Reaction score

That my friend is:
Vadim Pruzhanov ~ Keyboard

I have some stuff at home were I looped some keyboard solo's, might like to listen to them :3

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Is a Keytar even a musical instrument...I wonder...:think:

:heheh:

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

It makes sounds come out of it so I would say so LG ;)

:heheh:

Harkat

Reaction score

its a keyboard .....

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online