DRAGONFORCE etc ...Prog or metal ?

Recky

Reaction score
yeh, orig. singer was Z.P Theart....they do seem to have died in the arse, shame they had some potential

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Speaking of their singer..he got mad and threw a cup of water on me because I fell asleep while they were on :heheh:

Only concert that ever made me nod out and I wasn't even tired before they came on.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Yeah, seriously. :D There was a rail right behind the floor area at a small club I saw them at w/ about 12 chairs set up on the left side of the stage. I was sitting there because I needed surgery on my knee. I usually stand out on the floor.Anyway, they were so sloppy and off ( I'm not saying they are always like that but that night they were BAD ) I couldn't take watching them and I fell asleep only to be rudely awoken by a cup off ice water thrown at me from the stage. My friends said I was snoring loudly :heheh:

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
ZP was a great singer for that band. The new guy is OK, but ZP was a speed singer that could keep up with the twin speed guitars, and you could usually understand him.

They're just not the same now. Still a good band, but not a great one.

I'd never thought of DF as prog metal, the way of Dream Theater, Circus Maximus or later Fates Warning are.

Johnnycanuck

Reaction score
Apparently you haven't heard Dragonforce for a while. They have a new vocalist and put a cd in 2012-The Power Within. It is a very good cd along the lines of Iced Earth and Blind Guardian. It deals with warriors in battle themes and good triumphing over evil and a leader saving the masses. As for the myth about embellishing their sound, I have a live cd and it sounds great to me (except for the obsenities).

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That's a good recommendation, but as far as live albums go you never know if they "tweaked" it in the studio or left it raw and natural. There have been too many criticisms of them live for me to discount them all.

ANTHEM

Reaction score
I see elo and asia as more of synth tinged soft rock or pop of it's time. Prog rock and metal imho = yes, rush, queensryche, dream theatre etc...

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online