Dokken (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Dokken...The Band Thread

Tons of information in that post Pat, thanks.:cheers:

I was going to ask about the current line-up but you have already answered that question.

That still doesn't exclude the possibility of the original line-up getting back together like our resident Dokken experts have talked about in another thread.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

Pat missed one of the more obscure former members in his list... Jeff Pilson.

:spank

Good info though! :grinthumb

Sidenote: I can't believe that Dokken was in town last weekend and I didn't even know a THING about it until now. :wa:

Toby

Reaction score

Dokken are awesome. I love "Breaking the Chains". You can also get a statue of George Lynch if u look for it. :D

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

"Dokken doesn't like Chicken" Kapow :bu:

Jesus, they need to make an album about this....totally awesome!

Pat Catalano

Reaction score

Pat missed one of the more obscure former members in his list... Jeff Pilson.

:spank

Good info though! :grinthumb

Sidenote: I can't believe that Dokken was in town last weekend and I didn't even know a THING about it until now. :wa:

HAHA I did didn't I!! What an ass I am lol. I did have a whole thing written up then i hit send and I timed out I was so pissed all i did was put the list up. lol :banghead:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

So this is my only exposure to Dokken outside of

Dream Warriors

off of the Nightmare On Elm Street soundtrack. I like it but I couldn't ditch the 80's horror movie soundtrack vibe I came in with. :heheh: I think it's because from what I saw, appearing in a corny vid like that wasn't a sellout for them. They seem sat their heart just a fun, over the top metal band the likes of which would've inspired The Darkness! Now on the otherside of the coin they did have some legit cool balladic stuff that I got into! I really dug Walk Away with had a Scorpions vibe to me! My favorite was Heaven Sent which was just a good grooving rock song! I may have to invest in a hits package from this band! :grinthumb

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

Heaven Sent is a great song with an incredible solo. To a non-guitar player, maybe not so much, but as a guitar player, that solo blows me away all the time. Lynch was (is) such a unique guitar player.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Heaven Sent is a great song with an incredible solo. To a non-guitar player, maybe not so much, but as a guitar player, that solo blows me away all the time. Lynch was (is) such a unique guitar player.

Well, as a non guitar player, it still worked for me! :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

They really are a quality band Soot and it's funny you mentioned the Scorpions because Pat & I were talking and Don did work with the Scorpions.

In their home video there is a shot of Don & Klaus and if I'm not mistaken one of his main influences. I can hear it in alot of his longer notes and some of his style.

For an L.A. band at the time they were more metal and more musical than alot of others and had, IMO, a more European flavour.

:grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online