Dokken (Official Thread)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Re: Dokken...The Band Thread

I'll always wonder what would have happened had Lynch ever hooked up with Ozzy. I know he tried out and supposedly even got the job (originally) with Ozzy after Randy had died, but the job ended up going to Brad Gillis. Also if I remember correctly, George ended up teaching guitar lessons at Randy's mom's music store (or was it a school) after Randy left to join up with Ozzy.

Pat Catalano

Reaction score

Yes he did end up teaching there. But I am not sure I think it was a music store. but I could be wrong. Oh and lol I always thought that "Will the sun Rise" would have been a cool tune to use in the Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles tv show.

Pat Catalano

Reaction score

Yeah I cant find much on youtube from that dvd. but here is some cool new Dokken stuff. lo lAnd remember "Protect your chicken from Dokken"

Last edited by a moderator:

Lynch

Reaction score

Ahahahaha.. :lmao: Oh shit, those are funny. I've never seen those before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lynch

Reaction score

It's back on DVD Lynch remastered!! With Bonus videos and bonus interviews

:grinthumb

51VaEryRcHL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Just found this on Amazon.com . Here's the writeup.

Dokken: Unchain the Night includes a cluster of music videos augmented by footage of the heavy metal group on tour a couple decades back, all of which comprised the band’s 1986 home video, Unchain the Night. There’s also a handful of extra videos and an entertaining, 2006 interview with Don Dokken and Mick Brown as they recall funny anecdotes from glory days. In fact, almost everything about the 1986 production, including the music performances and videos, is obsessed with touring: the sacrifices, the loneliness, the madness of it all. There are exceptions, such as "Into the Fire," with its wintry, romantic look, but most of what’s here is more like the unsettling "The Hunter," which presents the image of a touring rocker as a lone wolf, looking for sanctuary but dogged and captured by malevolent forces. "Break the Chains" is partially shot in a crazy, long hallway with the band banging into lanterns, but then weirdly includes the super-imposed image of a girl quoting from a letter the song denounces as insincere. "Alone Again" is another of those between-gigs visions of woeful isolation on the road. It all would be wearing if it weren’t for the obvious wit and intelligence of Dokken and Brown, both then and now. New videos include the interesting "Heaven Sent," which has a certain dream logic to it. --Tom Keogh
I'll DEFINITELY be picking this one up. :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I love that commercial!! LG is going to love where this thread has gone I think

:grinthumb

As far as Best Buy? I bought my Unchain the Night DVD at Best Buy...the one by me carries all kinds of sick stuff...Dimmu, Edguy, COF, Blind Guardian, Nightwish,Epica ect. No Lie!! All the classic old metal bands too.

Depends on the area I guess.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online