Dokken (Official Thread)

hairmetalmusic.com

www.hairmetalmusic.com
Reaction score
Dokken was such a great band in their prime.
They sure lost it late in their career though. And that last Don Dokken solo album was pretty terrible.
But in their prime they were definitely one of the best hair metal bands of the era

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Which album? His first one or second one? Up From the Ashes came out in 1990 after Dokken broke up. I liked the album. It wasn't great, but it wasn't anything that ~I~ would consider terrible.

220px-Don_Dokken_-_Up_from_the_Ashes.jpg

He also had a solo album a few years back that I did not hear. Never really even heard anything about it that I can remember. No clue if that was any good or not.

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
I liked Up From The Ashes too but by then the rest of the rock world had passed them by.

hairmetalmusic.com

www.hairmetalmusic.com
Reaction score
Which album? His first one or second one? Up From the Ashes came out in 1990 after Dokken broke up. I liked the album. It wasn't great, but it wasn't anything that ~I~ would consider terrible.

220px-Don_Dokken_-_Up_from_the_Ashes.jpg

He also had a solo album a few years back that I did not hear. Never really even heard anything about it that I can remember. No clue if that was any good or not.

I liked Up from the Ashes, actually saw him on that tour.

I'm talking about the ballad one that came out a year or two ago.
I grew up LOVING Dokken ballads so I thought this album was going to be the Bomb....but it was super boring and uninspiring. No energy or passion at all.

Motleykrew24

Reaction score
Rokken with the Dokken!

Lynch use to be the man! Does anybody still jam to this group?

Last edited by a moderator:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom