Dokken (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Drummer (Mick Brown) Explains Golf-Cart Police Chase

mb625.jpg

Source Link

‘Wild’ Mick Brown’s arrest after leading police on a drunken golf-cart chase was one of the most amusing stories from summer 2012. Now that his trial is out of the way, the Ted Nugent and Dokken drummer is telling his side of the story.

Brown opened up about the incident during a recent interview with BackstageAxxess, explaining that, for him, golf-cart joyrides are simply part of the rock-star experience. “I love riding around on these things,” he said. “The bass player and I do it a lot — we get drunk and we drive around. It’s a lot of fun. Whenever I see a key in one, we hop in and go. It was nothing out of the ordinary.”

But in this particular case, Brown met up with a little extra company — and some unexpected resistance from the venue’s security. “So this day I happened to do it, and there were some girls I knew in the audience,” he explained. “I went and got them. We were riding around, everyone was having a fun time, then I came to an area where the security guy didn’t really want me to go.”

After suggesting that the guard perform a particular service on his genitals, Brown drove off and the rest is history. (As he put it, “I got tackled, shackled, the whole thing.”) Even though he had to pay a hefty fine, which could have bought him a couple of golf carts of his own, Brown still seems fairly amused by the whole thing. “To me, it seemed kinda funny,” he said. “Everybody took it pretty serious. I’d never been in big trouble — I didn’t know if this was big trouble.”

It was certainly pretty mild, as far as Nugent was concerned. As Brown recalled, “Ted was the most understanding. He said, ‘Listen, your head’s going to spin because this went worldwide. When I say something about the president and the Secret Service shows up, look at the flak you get for something I said. Now I’m going to have to answer for you for the next three days. Better you than me!’”

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

After suggesting that the guard perform a particular service on his genitals, Brown drove off and the rest is history.​

Security guard: Uh, I suggest you stop this thing and get out

Mick: Uh, I suggest you lick the backside of my balls (then speeds away)

:oyea:

AC/DClover99

Reaction score
Dokken

i love Dokken they are awesome i love there songs into the fire, Dream warriors, and more songs when i first heard dream warriors i was like this songis awesome so i looked up more songs off of them and then i started likeing them even cause of my dad.my dad knew all kinds of rock bands and hair bands so thats how here is dream warriors video

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Normally with few exeptions,I'm not to big on Heavy Metal,but the Dokken name does bring back some very fond memories.Friends of mine I was partying with exactly when I was begining to party back in the mid to late eighties were big fans of Dokken,Metallica guys like that and I must admit you certainly won't have a dull evening partying and listening to guys like these.I didn't particulalrly care for much of the writing,but there certainly something in all the high octane rock that made me feel so alive and vibrant.I found this coupled with certain chemical inspirations to be a match made in rock and roll heaven..........

Iggy

Coal mining ruffian
Reaction score
i love Dokken they are awesome i love there songs into the fire, Dream warriors, and more songs when i first heard dream warriors i was like this songs awesome so i looked up more songs off of them and then i started liking them

See how rock spans the generations .... That's exactly what happened to me regarding Dokken. Saw the film A Nightmare on Elm Street 3, and heard the music at the end and thought, ''I must have it''. :bow:

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
I was in the buy/sell store and found a Dokken Under Lock And Key album.

I know there are Dokken fans, but can't remember who.

The cover is in really good shape, but I didn't get a chance to look inside at the vinyl. (we were waiting for our table at the Outback next door, and got buzzed over)

Anyhow, if anyone wants it, I can pick it up.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Under Lock and Key is such a tight album. Still a bit raw from the earlier years (ie: not as polished as Back For the Attack), but absolutely solid songwriting and performances throughout.

I have it on LP, Cassette and CD, so I don't need it. Maybe someone else that's into vinyl might though.

:cheers:

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
speaking of UL&K on vinyl, I have never seen it in a thrift store or record store until a week ago, and I bought it. As luck would have it, I just saw another one today, and bought it too. Funny coincidences.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online