Do you have one top favourite music act?

Do you have one top favourite music act?

• I have one big favourite, but will listen to other acts as well

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • I have a favourite, but other acts are trailing close behind

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I have no favourite act that I will always rate above others

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

OldHippie

Resident Yooper
Reaction score
There’s to much good music out there to have an ultimate favorite. Probably the closest I had to the question is Steve Earle.

bbif

Reaction score
Until maybe 10 years ago, I would always have answered Genesis

But now, I feel Floyd have brought me more pleasure than any other band, over the 40 odd years I've been listening to music.

Jakes

Reaction score
No doubt AC/DC by far.

Then classics like Purple, Led Zep, Jethro Tull, BOC, Yes, Uriah Heep and naturally The Beatles(in a class of their own)

These are leaders. Most others are followers.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My all time favorite is Aerosmith. I never get tired of their music.

Close behind would be Bob Seger, Bad Company, Eagles, journey, Foreigner, Black Foot, Molly Hatchet, and Lynyrd Skynyrd. That covers my most listened to Rock & Southern rock bands.

My favorite blues rock bands are ZZ Top, Allman Brothers, Black Crowes, Edgar Winter, Rare Earth, Cream, and The Byrds.

I also listen to Ozzy Osbourne, Black Sabbath, Dio, Judas Priest, and Iron Maiden quite frequently.

I'm very eclectic:)

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
For me it would have to be Van Halen's classic years of 1978-1984.

The ultimate party band. They never (outwardly) took themselves seriously, they had tons of energy, they never disappointed (on record, on stage or in the media), and there's no question that Mr. Fingers was an overnight sensation whose style of guitar playing inspired a new generation of musicians in the years to come.

After a gig at The Whisky one night, the band is drinking beers in the parking lot behind the club, and after gazing South out towards the L.A. Forum 20 miles away, Dave turns to Al and says, "Al... one of these nights we're gonna be drinking beers in the FORUM parking lot!"

Now that's vision!

Schmetterling

Reaction score
Depends what you mean by "act" doesn't it.... If you mean based on the music alone I would say the best for me was Yes in the classic line up as I've been a fan since 1972. But if you mean it based on theatrics and an actual stage show it would be Alice Cooper. I saw him live only the once in 1989 but he did the whole classic show and it was excellent.

Starchild

Little Dreamer
Reaction score
There are too many to count. Some of the ones that immediately come to mind are Linkin Park, Soundgarden, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, and Ozzy Osbourne.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Staff online

Members online