Disco!

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Sorry GCCzep I meant the song "Miss You", and I have grown to like whole Some Girls album more over the years than I did when it came out, there was all kinds of backlash about the Stones selling out and all that, at the time I didn't pay much attention. I couldn't blame any of the bands from the 60's or early mid 70's doing whatever they could to survive during that tumultuous time in rock music.
I did reckon that's what you were alluding to. As mentioned previously, they [the label?] did a longer mix of it on a 12" LP back in the day. It was a simmering, R&B tinged "dark" track then it became more danceable version where they seem to have pumped up the beat.

I don't remember much of the backlash except the brouhaha about the album cover with some Hollywood actresses taking exception with their images being part of it. Overall, the album had a more concise, edgier feel. More guitars, no frills, no horns.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Donna Summer's I Feel Love pretty much opened the door to techno and electronic music..

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
We were very clear back then at defining barriers and labels... mainly driven by fashion and media? I for one, dug most music.. it wasn't out of character to buy Heatwave, C.limax Blues Band, Budgie, and Joe Tex at the same purchase..
This album, I did enjoy... think he (after Klaus Nomi) was, the first of many to perish from Aids.
Sylvester - I Need Somebody To Love Tonight.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Mancunian wordsmith Graham Gouldman (10cc) wrote this and was snapped up by The Yardbirds... gets a dusting of glitter for this version -
Chilly - For Your Love.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
The Phili sound was badder than bad, and I used to buy ex- juke box imports or dash to Rediffusion Basement for the Tuesday shipment-
The Intruders - I'll Always Love My Mama.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Staff online

Members online