Disco!

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Good Gawd Nolo is a closet Disco fan...:eek:

I would never have guessed.:nw:

:heheh:

I agree with Magic it was plain old fun dance music specifically designed for the club scene. I still have some compilation albums laying around with my favorites from this era.:grinthumb
...as long as you don't have a polyester suit, a gold chain and platform shoes then I understand LG. LOL!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^No I just have a few songs from that bygone era GCCzep...:heheh:

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
^It's funny but I saw an interview with Alice Cooper and he commented on how he marvelled at the beautiful production of some those "disco" albums. I do feel the label does some injustice to some cool funk groups like The Ohio Players who get lumped in with that genre.

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
That's true, there were many fabulous sounding albums from the Disco/R&B/Funk bands. I'm a fan of The Brother's Johnson and have their two best albums, both sound excellent, when I'm in that mood of course.:D

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score
In the 80's I used to think there are a few disco songs I like, but rock kills it...then rap came on the scene and I instantly gave disco way more credibility than before.
Like most music genres, some I like and some I don't. For instance I think KC is great, but never could understand the appeal of the Village People.

Many rockers dabbled in disco, including my second favorite band. My friends argue with me on this one, but I smell elements of disco all over it...anyone agree?

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
I remember my die-hard anti Disco Kiss loving older brother..admitting these ladies of A TASTE OF HONEY..were excellent musicians

very good funky guitar playing..

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
In the 80's I used to think there are a few disco songs I like, but rock kills it...then rap came on the scene and I instantly gave disco way more credibility than before.
Like most music genres, some I like and some I don't. For instance I think KC is great, but never could understand the appeal of the Village People.

Many rockers dabbled in disco, including my second favorite band. My friends argue with me on this one, but I smell elements of disco all over it...anyone agree?

I like that song...it might have a little bit of a disco feel but I've never looked at it that way, just another good Heart tune. When I listen to "Some Girls" or "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy" there is no doubt they are Disco, "Straight On" not nearly so much.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Humm......it does have that disco dance beat, but I never thought of any Heart tune as disco. If I thought that was disco then might as well add KISS to that pseudo-disco list :heheh:

Blondie had disco written all over this song:

Heart of Glass

ANF

Reaction score
I think at the time I could see the hatred of disco. But I would say the hip hop explosion of the mid-00's had to be worse than disco. I knew people who were old enough and hated disco even say that disco in 78-79 didn't come near the mass overexposure that rap and its ilk had in 2002-2005. There was a long period from early 2002 to early 2006 where not one single hit #1 on the hot 100 (barring the one-weeker American Idol singles) that didn't have hip hop/urban radio mass appeal. That was four constant years right there, not even two years passed between the release of Saturday Night Fever and disco demolition night. I would gladly take disco over hip hop anyday. I am sure The Bee Gees every five minutes got old really fast, but take that or 50 Cent every five minutes for four years?

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online

No members online now.