Dirty Looks

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
DL-dl-2009.jpg

Dirty Looks is a hard rockin' 80's band from San Francisco. Danish members Henrik Ostergaard and bassist Jimmy Chartley travelled to San Fran to form the band in 1984!!

dirtylooks.jpg

I really found about these guys when I first saw them on MTV in 1988! I was struck by their overall obvious AC/DC influence and sound on the song OH RUBY from the album COOL FROM THE WIRE.

Before there was an AIRBOURNE to speak of there was Dirty Looks...hope you enjoy and any fans pipe in and share some tunes!!

5461225b9da0ff9f5bb42110.L.jpg

DL-bandpic6.jpg

rtbuck

Reaction score
You know, it was probably '89. I was thrown off because their back drop was of their debut. When I seen their debut came out in '84 I knew that wasn't right because my wife was at that show & she turned 21 in '89. My wife & I knew each other at the time & she & her friends were at one side of the stage & I was with another girl on the opposite side of the stage. My wife always remembers that show though because at one point it was really quiet & their guitarist stepped up to the front of the stage with an acoustic guitar & I let out a very loud "HUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" & everyone including the guitarist laughed

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
OK Right On!! :grinthumb

So like Huhhhhhhh!! What's with the acoustic type huh?

That IS funny!! :oyea:

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
I remember Cool From the Wire, my ex used to play it a lot in the late eighties. I thought the singer had a really distinctive voice. Funnily enough I was just thinking about this band the other week :)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
They definitely have an AC/DC sound going on. Another new band to me. It is amazing all the bands that sprang up in the 80's that are either obscure or underground that I have no clue existed. I wonder if their likeness to AC/DC kept them from the mainstream?

Peacheater

Reaction score
I just found out Henrik Ostergaard passed away Jan.27th

I'm sure a few of you have heard them

Henrik lived it:cheers2

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I vaguely remember them.

They definitely have an AC/DC sound going on.
They sounded a bit like a couple of different bands, especially the vocals. For some reason right now, I'm having a hard time comparing those vocals to whatever bands I'm thinking of.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11