Dimmu Borgir (Official Thread)

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Dimmu Borgir Death Metal Satanssssssssssssss

which albums of this extreme black metal bands Dimmu Borgri would you state was there swansong...:bow:

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
which albums of this extreme black metal bands Dimmu Borgri would you state was there swansong...:bow:

Swansong? Dude, Dimmu Borgir is alive and well and they haven't released an album that made me feel the band was dead to me :oyea: They've come a long way since "For all tid", which may not have the same effect on a new listener, but was one of the standout albums in the genre when it came out. I know some people feel they gone too far with the symphonic stuff, but I love the progress they've made. My personal favourite of theirs is "Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia". Others will disagree and say "Spiritual Black Dimensions", but "Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia" is their masterpiece imo. I don't think they'll ever top that one, but they've continued to release great albums imo.

I think there's a new album coming in 2016 and I'm looking forward to it.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Swansong? Dude, Dimmu Borgir is alive and well and they haven't released an album that made me feel the band was dead to me :oyea: They've come a long way since "For all tid", which may not have the same effect on a new listener, but was one of the standout albums in the genre when it came out. I know some people feel they gone too far with the symphonic stuff, but I love the progress they've made. My personal favourite of theirs is "Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia". Others will disagree and say "Spiritual Black Dimensions", but "Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia" is their masterpiece imo. I don't think they'll ever top that one, but they've continued to release great albums imo.

I think there's a new album coming in 2016 and I'm looking forward to it.
yeah you are right its which album of there`s is there greatest album to date...:oyea:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dimmu died after Death Cult. Not being black metal anymore I think the stuff after Death Cult Armageddon was pure shit. Their good material was everything up to and including Death Cult.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Dimmu died after Death Cult. Not being black metal anymore I think the stuff after Death Cult Armageddon was pure shit. Their good material was everything up to and including Death Cult.

I respect your opinion, but I don't buy the "not black metal anymore" argument, since the difference between "Death Cult Armageddon" and "In Sorte Diaboli" wasn't that radical (I decided to overlook "Stormblåst MMV", since that's a re-recorded album). If anything, "In Sorte Diaboli" was more raw than they had sounded for years.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Those two albums after it are not black metal at all in my opinion. That though isn't why the suck. They suck because the writing to me was just purely lacklustre. I respect the opinion of you and those who dug those albums but to me they did sound pretty well different enough to not warrant the Black Metal label anymore.

Last edited:

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Those two albums after it are not black metal at all in my opinion. That though isn't why the suck. They suck because the writing to me was just purely lacklustre. I respect the opinion of you and those who dug those albums but to me they did sound pretty well different enough to not warrant the Black Metal label anymore.

Riff Raff its all in the listeners point of view...I totally respect your opinion on all music matters. but as I said there " Black Metal To Me "

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
lol That was why I said I respect other points of view.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online