Diana Krall

F

FoxyPage

Canadian Jazz singer from British Columbia, married to Elvis Costello, one of the coolest human beings EVER.

I personally enjoy some jazz when it's one of those 'hard to fall asleep' nights. It's relaxing and comforting and really puts you in that mellow mode. Diana has a great voice and she's also a great pianist.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Diana on da piana...lol...is da bomb! I love her work. She has that "bedroom" singing voice, deep and whispering.

album-love-scenes.jpg

How Deep is the Ocean

That Old Feeling

Don't Stand a Ghost of a Chance with You

F

FoxyPage

Yes! Bedroom voice, I was trying to find those words earlier. I love her voice, it's so soothing and relaxing.

Thank you, Magic!

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
I saw one of her concerts on TV and have seen the DVD which I think was the first DVD Live concert I saw of hers which is going back to around 2000 - it might have been as late as 2002. But yeah I thought her concert was rather cool! Not sure but I think it was in Paris? I've heard some other cool songs from her on the radio, but unfortunately I cannot remember any names - they were essentually lounge songs cause they were playing it during the easy lounge listing time of night! :D Though I must start picking up some of her stuff! :D

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I saw this come up and even though I know of her and the type of music she sings I never opened myself up to listening to her music. I admittedly have a hard time getting into Blues and Jazz in general but I'm glad I listened to all of the songs because the voice is very soothing to listen to. I particularly liked "The Look of Love"!

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Diana is a master of the piano and love songs. Not a person I listen to on a daily basis, but she is a great mood setter for a dinner with a date ! One you hope to get lucky with :tongue:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
You all have this one covered, she is talented but I only listen to her in small doses.

Craig in Indy

Your cool Uncle
Reaction score
I am a big, BIG fan of any of her albums where she actually plays the piano, and the smaller the number of accompanying musicians performing with her, the better. OTOH, I am the very opposite of a big, BIG fan when it comes to her other albums where she only sings, usually buried under a ton of strings. Unfortunately for me, for the past several years she seems more interested in producing the latter kind of record. I think her best work is on Stepping out, All for You, Love Scenes and Live in Paris. I know many disagree with me, judging from her sales numbers.

Gibraltar

Reaction score
Diana Krall is the epitome of smooth tuneful jazz either on her own or as an accompanist (check out her work on Paul McCartney’s “Kisses on the bottom” album).

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online