Diamond Head - Lightning To The Nations (1980)

Metal Head Mike

Reaction score
Diamond Head – Lightning To The Nations - 1980
DiamondHeadLightningToTheNations.jpg

Diamond Head – Lightning To The Nations - 1980
Genre – Heavy Metal
Record Label - Original Label – Happy Face
Reissue Label – Sanctuary Records
Rating 10 Out of 10

Track Listing
1 Lightning To The Nations 4:15
2 The Prince 6:27
3 Sucking My Love 9:35
4 Am I Evil 7:39
5 Sweet & Innocent 3:13
6 It's Electric 3:37
7 Helpless 6:52

Band Members
Sean Harris – vocals Brian Tatler – guitar Colin Kimberley – bass Duncan Scott – drums

Here's my review of Diamond Head's Lightning To The Nations

I discovered Diamond Head from Metallica. A friend of mine had this on LP. When I first heard it I was hooked. This album has stood the test of time for me. Diamond Head was formed in 1976. Like most NWOBHM bands they played gigs and in 1978 went into the studio to record this gem. This album was self produced and self released on there own label. This album much like a lot of the Heavy Metal from the England area influenced kids in the US to start what is known as Thrash and Speed Metal. But this album is a great band at work. The song structures are strong. The songs are diverse some Heavy some mid tempo numbers. Sean Harris is one Vocalist everyone should get to know. The song writing duo of him and Brian Tatler is timeless on this release. The rhythm section of Colin Kimberly and Duncan Scott hold down the back in. This release to me stands up to the first four Black Sabbath albums. If you haven't discovered this yet. Please give it a chance. Stand out tracks to me are Am I Evil,It's Electric,Lightning To The Nations,Helpless,Well there all Stand Out.

Last edited:

E-Z

Reaction score
Re: Diamond Head - Lightning To The Nations - 1980

Hey dudes i like 'the white album' they got a good sound on the record. :grinthumb

I remember them at the time of N.W.O.B.H.M. here in the U.K. they weren't that big back then (later on when Lars gave them a name check) but they made some waves back in 1981/82 and got some music press coverage in the U.K. music paper SOUNDS. :)

N.W.O.B.H.M. i lived thru it dudes, long hair, denim jacket & bullet belt one cool dude guy's :grinthumb

Metal Head Mike

Reaction score

That's awesome that you experienced it first hand. I had to discover them much later. I did catch them live before Sean Harris left the fold. Was great to hear them songs live

E-Z

Reaction score

That's awesome that you experienced it first hand. I had to discover them much later. I did catch them live before Sean Harris left the fold. Was great to hear them songs live

Cool dude, i remember checking out IRON MAIDEN as well in 1979/80 in the east end of London around Stratford (thats where the 2012 London Olympic games will be held by the way) they were really making a name for themselves back then and as you guy's may well know thats where Steve Harris, Paul Di Annio, Dave Murrey & Co all come from east London.

N.W.O.B.H.M. was cool thing i liked a number of N.W.O.B.H.M. bands such as-

IRON MAIDEN
DEF LEPPARD (1st album On through the night)
ANGEL WITCH
TYGERS OF PAN TANG
DIAMOND HEAD
SAMSON

and a number of lesser known N.W.O.B.H.M. bands :)

Metal Head Mike

Reaction score

I am a fan of all the bands you mentioned and some you didn't mention. I'm big on the NWOBHM bands

E-Z

Reaction score

I am a fan of all the bands you mentioned and some you didn't mention. I'm big on the NWOBHM bands

I was gonna add SAXON but as you may well know SAXON rode the N.W.O.B.H.M. 'band wagon' BUT i love SAXON from that era with there albums-

WHEELS OF STEEL
STRONG ARM OF THE LAW
THE EAGLE HAS LANDED (live album)
DENIM & LEATHER
POWER AND THE GLORY

Also i like the 1st albums of the TYGERS OF PANG TANG & ANGEL WITCH they are 2 cool debut albums :grinthumb

E-Z

Reaction score

I actually own all the albums by Saxon and Tygers Of Pan Tang

Cool, i saw OLIVER/DAWSON SAXON 10 years ago in London in 2002 and thought the guy's were freaking tops!! :grinthumb

Also the TYGERS OF PANG TANG 1st album in particular :grinthumb

Metal Head Mike

Reaction score

Have seen Saxon a couple of times live through the years. I agree the first Tygers Of Pan Tang is there best. Also i also have the Angelwitch albums as well

E-Z

Reaction score

DIAMOND HEAD there sound probably somes up the N.W.O.B.H.M. 'sound' it's all there in the 'white album' a long with IRON MAIDEN'S 1st/debut album as well the words CLASSIC MASTERPIECE both comes to mind with these two albums :grinthumb

Hey dude's Denim & Leather is cool.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online