Diagonal-Diagonal

joe

Reaction score
One of the best prog releases of 2008 IMO. Out of the UK, Diagonal is an eclectic prog band, a throwback to the '70's with the influences of Camel, King Crimson, Gong, GG, Floyd and even Hawkwind. Hammond and Moog shimmers throughout with erratic jazz drumming, heavy guitars and tranquil synths with echoing vocals and surrealistic lyrics. Vintage vibes.

1879333.jpg

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Did you post these guys before in your prog thread ,Joe ? Seems like I remember you doing just that. Am I mistaken ?

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Very very interesting music. Vocals are weak, but hey, as long as the music is this good.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Oh yeah, that's right because the prog thread was late 60's to 70's, only.
I knew I had heard them before though and yeah it was from one of your posts in my retro thread.

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Having listened to the whole album I think it is a great record. Very surprised by it. One more influence together with the already mentioned ones is Van der Graaf Generator, and that's very good.

joe

Reaction score
These guys have a lot of influence ef. Sometimes it takes one to listen the whole album a couple times to appreciate the music, especially prog. I know it's the case for me. Glad you're likin' it.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online