dpub_rowland80s.jpg

Let's talk and post a bit more than C'mon Eileen..... :grinthumb :cheers2

Dexys+Midnight+Runners+2205024.jpg

Dexys+Midnight+Runners+dexys460.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Sorry MP that is the only song I know.

The only other tidbit I remember was a tour with David Bowie where he picked them to open for him, they were still riding high on the success of "...Eileen", but at one show the fans were shouting "Bowie!!..Bowie!!..Bowie!!" all through Dexy's opening set, so the lead singer got really angry and told them to "Bleep Off".

Needless to say Bowie kicked them off the tour that night...that exhausts my knowledge about this band. But I did like their hit song and will soak up any information you want to share with us about them.:cheers:

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Yay Dexy's :grinthumb

A couple I love that haven't been mentioned yet:

Geno

Jackie Wilson Said

^^^ The band once performed this on Top of the Pops (a long running, popular British TV chart show) with a picture of the Scottish darts player Jocky Wilson in the background instead of the American soul singer Jackie Wilson! I remember watching it at the time (as I recall it went out live) and it had me gostering. Everybody thought the background graphics crew on the programme had majorly stuffed up, until Kevin Rowland eventually owned up to doing it as a joke :heheh:

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Yay Dexy's :grinthumb

A couple I love that haven't been mentioned yet:

Geno

Jackie Wilson Said

^^^ The band once performed this on Top of the Pops (a long running, popular British TV chart show) with a picture of the Scottish darts player Jocky Wilson in the background instead of the American soul singer Jackie Wilson! I remember watching it at the time (as I recall it went out live) and it had me gostering. Everybody thought the background graphics crew on the programme had majorly stuffed up, until Kevin Rowland eventually owned up to doing it as a joke :heheh:

Ha Ha Tray...I love stories like this :heheh:

I am sorry Metal I think I might only know Eileen but I am learning thanks

Wait , I was listening to GENO and I remember "Isn't that the song that was on Ashes To Ashes? I love that show :( Miss it..anyway I asked my Bf what it was ?? He said 'Geno ? DMR sang it...wasn't it a hit in the usa?? It was MASSIVE ..here ? :dunno: Nope ...Anyway I know this song too :D

Last edited:

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
I used to enjoy watching Brushstrokes years ago and Dexy's Midnight Runners did the theme tune :)

Oops! It's already been posted. Great tune though :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online