Dexy's Midnight Runners

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I don't suppose anyone else ever heard Dexy's cover of "TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)" did they? Because that's my favorite non-Eileen song by them.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Yeah, the Dexys... the origin of the name of this band sums them up- I first copped them due to a concert clash, I'd bought a ticket to go and see The Psychedelic Furs... but a free lift and just the price of entry proved too tempting, I dug the whole soul revival thing and the Leather coats and rolled up beenie hats suited the sweaty club venue... Nice tribute to Mr. Washington here-
Geno.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Second gig, I hitched to Liverpool ( not easy from my Manor.) and the club.. Gatsby's.. I think, was jammed to the rafters with Dexy duplicates!
I swear down... it was like the cast from Escape From Alcatraz had just stepped off of the f. uckin' film set!
still it was a great set.
There There My Dear.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
I stuck with Kevin Rowlands many guises... from Goucho to bogtrotter, I must admit his 'Eileen' Celtic Soul period is his phase I like the least. I smile when now when I see him in beret, plus fours and waxed moustache... this then from a fine Soar album.
She's Got A Wiggle.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online