Devin Townsend Project - Ghost (2011)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Time for another Devin Townsend Project album review. This time a counterpart to the Deconstruction album. Ghost is a completely opposite album of that release. Deconstruction was more intense and heavy, whereas Ghost was more mellow and easy listening. Anyway, onto the review:

DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT - GHOST

devinghost.jpg

To start off, this album starts very mellow with a very easy going "saddish" feel to it. You hear a lot of Devin's harmony throughout the song "Fly" and throughout a lot of this album. To put a match to it. If you enjoyed Ki for it's mellow feel, Ghost has that mellow touch to it, with just a bit more. You really can feel what Devin feels when he sings:

And of course, as you would expect, the lyrics are phenomenal:

An absolutely amazing way to start an album, not too overwhelming, not too over the top, the perfect mixture of how an album should start.

Now onto a few of my favorite songs. Personally, I have to go with the mix of Kawaii and Ghost. Both are easily the most phenomenal mellow work that Devin has released so far. For the best experience, listen to Kawaii first, and Ghost next, the mixture of lyrics, mellow, and sincerity really puts you into a deep place, as Devin would want to happen:

And if you like that, be ready to be put through one of the best Devin experiences throughout the rest of the album. I only say that, because you hear Katrina Natale sing along with him throughout a lot of the songs. It just adds to how amazing one man can make music.

The album cover itself even sets the mood. It's relaxing, easy to look at, and just...all around perfect. This album has made the top 3 albums of Devin's, for sure.

Another brilliant 5 star album.

2j0ktva.jpg2j0ktva.jpg2j0ktva.jpg2j0ktva.jpg2j0ktva.jpg

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Re: Devin Townsend Project - Ghost

Very good review :D loved this mellow album.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

It's so phenomenal. It really let's you see how deep Townsend can feel. And really puts you into a relaxing state of mind.

joe

Reaction score

Atmospherically engaging. The man has two extreme personalities. Floydish/early PT ambience. Again his production is out the out of the world, even listening to it on the tube vids. Almost a soft rock feel to it(?)."Fly" the best of the three tracks to my ears.

Another great review Prime.:grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Staff online

Members online