Delete account

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I don't understand it either. I mean, people who usually ask are people who posted 0-5 posts and have left absolutely no personal information except maybe and e-mail, which is probably used for 100s of other things online as well. I think a delete request would make a bit more sense if someone had 1000+ posts and had posted lots of personal stuff, but at the end of the day, you should never post anything online that you do not want the rest of the world to know.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Thing is, I know from my many years of admining online msg board forums like this, deleting the account still leaves everything. If Im not mistaken, you need to install a hack/add-on to flat out remove any/all traces of an account (although I could be mistaken on that, it's been a few yrs).

So, I think this all stems from big babies that think they need to "delete" their account like they do everytime they get pissy with facebook, twatter, or other s.m. outlets.

OldHippie

Resident Yooper
Reaction score
Thing is, I know from my many years of admining online msg board forums like this, deleting the account still leaves everything. If Im not mistaken, you need to install a hack/add-on to flat out remove any/all traces of an account (although I could be mistaken on that, it's been a few yrs).

So, I think this all stems from big babies that think they need to "delete" their account like they do everytime they get pissy with facebook, twatter, or other s.m. outlets.
We also have Zenforo at the NASCAR board I frequent. there's probably a couple hundred deleted accounts but everything they posted is still there unless they were real jerks and got their posts deleted. Those were very special posters.

Speed King

Rockin to the East & West
Reaction score
I was once and Admin as well (not here but elsewhere on the web) we never deleted posts, we would send the offensive posts to a hidden section within the Admin area called "The Hell Hole". There we could discuss what to do, if anything. I can't remember the exact reason we all agreed to never delete posts but it probably had something do with saving them as record in case we wanted to review someone's banning.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online