Deicide (Official Thread)

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Re: Deicide

Mayhem, Emperor and the rest of the bands that had members doing all the burning and killing etc. are from Norwegian Black Metal bands ( though a German band and maybe a few others got into the act ). I can't think of one Death Metal band that has done anything IRL that is that extreme. Most are not serious about their lyrical content as anything other then gory/ extreme entertainment and will even say so.

If Glen Benton wanted to be taken seriously he needed to do something more extreme then crank phone calling a priest. I mean come on little kids can do that :heheh:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I don't even really care what Benton does, I just love the music thats all that matters to me.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

Me either but at the same time I can't help but laugh at his hardcore, deadly serious, evil, satanic posturing while his most "extreme act" that has actually been documented is crank phone calls :oyea:

It not like he is King Diamond or whatever where he just has his beliefs and quietly goes about his life. Benton was always talking his evilness up real big
and verbally trying to link himself w/ the Norwegian Black Metal bands.

It's just really funny to me that his idea of crazy satanic action is to call an old man names on the phone lol

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
For a death metal vocalist that is pretty lame for a prank and cliche lol

Mayhem, Emperor and the rest of the bands that had members doing all the burning and killing etc. are from Norwegian Black Metal bands ( though a German band and maybe a few others got into the act ). I can't think of one Death Metal band that has done anything IRL that is that extreme. Most are not serious about their lyrical content as anything other then gory/ extreme entertainment and will even say so.

If Glen Benton wanted to be taken seriously he needed to do something more extreme then crank phone calling a priest. I mean come on little kids can do that :heheh:
To be honest glad you brought that up, I had wondered myself if Mayhem fell under death or black metal but it seems and I read a bit in Lords of Chaos that mainly black metal indulges in that brutal stuff.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I really like Conviction from the last record.

I have all but the Stench album. I found In Torment and Scars to be quite poor albums by their standards set by the first 4.

Stiff n Cold

Square Peg, Round Hole.
Reaction score
Benton's posturing is wholesomely unnecessary as the music itself is largely brilliant anyway. Do what you want and say what you like Glenn but keep churning out great DM as well.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Love the first two. I lost interest in them for a while after Once upon the Cross but the last 2 are pretty good too.

I know this post was ages ago but I can definitely see why you lost interest after Once Upon. Even though I like Serpents, it didn't hold a candle to the first 3 and albums like In Torment were just garbage. Scars was not bad, Stench and Till Death I liked more but their major form return for me was To Hell With God. I think when they signed up Jack Owen from Cannibal Corpse they started to sound better again.

Malikarcanum

A Child in Time
Reaction score
Stench is their best, hands down.

Last edited by a moderator:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Stench is a good album, much better than the previous couple before it.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.