Def Leppard (Official Thread)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I'll give Def Lep a LOT of credit for waiting for Rick when he had his accident. They could have VERY easily replaced him (temporarily or permanently) yet they chose to wait it out and support him in his recovery. The fact that he was able to come back and still be a viable drummer is pretty cool, but it took the support of some pretty cool bandmates to take that accident and turn it around they way he did.

E-Z

Reaction score
I'll give Def Lep a LOT of credit for waiting for Rick when he had his accident. They could have VERY easily replaced him (temporarily or permanently) yet they chose to wait it out and support him in his recovery. The fact that he was able to come back and still be a viable drummer is pretty cool, but it took the support of some pretty cool bandmates to take that accident and turn it around they way he did.
Yeah I actually remember hearing about the car crash back in 1984 where Rick Allen lost his arm but you have to give Joey Elliot and the rest of the boys in the band credit for not dumping Rick and keeping on as the drummer.

When it comes to Def Leppard I like the first album On Through The Night which I originally bought on vinyl back in 1980 and the 2nd album High And Dry which I didn't buy on vinyl and is ok as well but after that I kind of lost interest for some reason although I'm not quite sure why??. From memory the band got some negative British music press coverage and that mite have been the reason why I lost interest in the band because there was some talk of the band 'selling out' and trying to crack the USA and turning there backs on the UK?.

Last edited:

RockshotsPhotos

Reaction score
When it comes to Def Leppard I like the first album On Through The Night which I originally bought on vinyl back in 1980 and the 2nd album High And Dry which I didn't buy on vinyl and is ok as well but after that I kind of lost interest for some reason although I'm not quite sure why??. From memory the band got some negative British music press coverage and that mite have been the reason why I lost interest in the band because there was some talk of the band 'selling out' and trying to crack the USA and turning there backs on the UK?.
DefLeppard(7-14-1980(c)BillO'Leary)003.jpg

Original founding guitarist Pete Willis during On Through The Night tour (first US tour) July 14, 1980 Philadelphia, PA (c)Bill O'Leary/TimelessConcertImages.pixel.com

Reactions: E-Z

Mary Chain

Reaction score
I was just watching some videos when this and the next one turned up in the YouTube sidebar. I thought they sounded great.

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
I am in the crowd of those who like On Through The Night and High N Dry and really like Pyromania but Hysteria was not good enough.
I just hate the backing vocals and chorus treatments of so many songs on Hysteria.
I can listen to Pyromania all darn day, though.

heavymetaljim

Reaction score
Def Leppard has always been a huge influence on my music. So many great albums and still kicking 40 years later. I would love your views on my cover of Switch 625. If you get the 3 minutes, I would really appreciate it

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online