Those would be on my top ten live albums of all time for sure Taha.:rock:

taha

Reaction score
Re: Deep Purple

blackmore, get it together man !

CLASIKROKR

Reaction score

add Nuges Double Live Gonzo and you have here possibly the best 2 live Lp's ever !

You gotta add Grand Funk Live too!!!

But back to Purple, a lot of people didn't like the Coverdale era, but I did like Come taste the band,and Burn.

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score

man i love MkIII, they're great! Burn, Stormbringer and Made in Europe are all fantastic albums. Made in Europe is a greatly underrated gem of their discography

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I never had a problem with their later line-ups, but I am always going to favor the earlier line-up I posted in the OP TL.

It's great to see some love for Purple in here.:cheers:

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score

Deep Purple MK II was a great line-up, but I don't think they hung in there long enough for people to really appreciate them like they did with Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin, whose line-ups both remained constant throughout most of the 70's.

Machine Head and Made In Japan are my two favorite Deep Purple albums, but Perfect Strangers had its moments too with "Knockin' At Your Back Door", "Perfect Strangers" and "Nobody's Home".

Lots of other great songs from them though... "Hush", "Burn", "Woman From Tokyo", "Stormbringer", "Fireball", Speed King", "Black Night", "The Mule", "Demon's Eye", "Mistreated"... I could go on and on.

Also, it's nice to hear the alternate (i.e. the Blackmore remix) versions of "Highway Star" and "Smoke On The Water" as a change of pace, as well as the studio version of "Child In Time" once in a while (which, ironically, is every bit as good as the live version).

:cheers:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

Love me a lot of Deep Purple. To me, Machine Head = one of the greatest rock albums of all time!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I agree Lynch, I will add that I like Machine Head more than any single Sabbath or Zeppelin album, it has a personal connection as well for me.:D

KMET I think you hit the nail on the head, the changes in Purple definitely affected their status, but what a great list of songs you posted, any band would be proud of them.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online