Deep Purple - California Jamming

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I don't have this concert in any video format (I have it on audio), so I need to get it regardless. It's a massive, take no prisoners performance.

Thanks for the video links Nololob! :grinthumb

It is a great performance. One of the best Deep Purple concert videos I have ever seen and I have a lot of them.

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
Completely ruined for me by Glenn Hughes. You've got David Coverdale singing in a rich, soulful and incredible voice, then Glenn Hughes ****ing screaming his tits off. Thanks Glenn.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
His funk-styled vocals kind of ruined Deep Purple and he still says he did well there.
Still better than studio version, especially Lay Down Stay Down.

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
Even though Coverdale was relatively unknown I believe when he joined Purple, there was never any need for a second vocalist as Coverdale replacing Gillan was a genius move.

MK3 was an amazing band, just Glenn Hughes doesn't do it for me here.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I have that Jam on CD and DVd, what a fantastic gig, I remember seeing t-shirts for sale in the shops over here advertising that gig:)

ElPatanico

Dad Rockin Man
Reaction score
Incredible festival all the way around. There was a "California Jam 2" LP. Does anyone know if the first Cali-Jam was ever released on vinyl?

The story behind Blackmore being angry at this show involved their place in the set. It was in their contract that they wouldn't go on until the sun was down. Promoter were insisting they go on earlier. Blackmore locked himself in his dressing room and the police were called in to get him on stage, supposedly to prevent a riot. He was then pissed on stage and took it out on the camera. It cracks me up when he tosses the Marshall head off the stage.

I have a few recently made DP documentaries that are worth watching.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online

No members online now.