Deep Purple/ Black Sabbath fans?

J

JBriggs246

Some of the best bands over the years I think. Anyone else fans? Glad to see Ian Gillan is still around..man that guy is badass. Can't get enough of "When A Blind Man Cries" from his myspace Anyone else down with the Gillan man?

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score
I love both bands. Best song by Deep Purple is Lazy and best by Black Sabbath is either Paranoid or War pigs.

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
Dig both bands here....along with Zep of course!!! :). I saw DP live some yrs back with Steve Morse on the axe and they are still mighty :)

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
I'm the biggest Purplehead on the planet!!

Seen them six times starting in '85 with the Perfect Strangers tour. Met Gillan, Glover, Paice and Morse in 2004.

billtjr51

Reaction score
Both bands are great. I saw Black Sabbath in 71 & 72. I saw Deep Purple in late 71 or early 72 (hard to remember) with Uriah Heep as their backup, for 4$ admission.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Machine Head = One of my favorite albums ever, bought it on vinyl when it came out and am still a huge Deep Purple fan.

I like early Sabbath, when Ozzy could still function, I don't really follow Sabbath anymore though.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Machine Head is a fantastic album. Deep Purple isn't one of my faves but I still like them.

I Prefer Black Sabbath to Deep Purple. Early Black Sabbath. Master of Reality, Black Sabbath Vol. 4, and Heaven and Hell.

P

phantasm777

heaven and hell isn't early sabbath :p
paranoid is the most worn out sabbath song and simplest. war pigs is an anthem, but a lot better songs than that. purple rocks, heep, if you like heep try lucifers friend's first lp. it is not exactly like heep or purple but in the same heavy vein.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
heaven and hell isn't early sabbath :p
paranoid is the most worn out sabbath song and simplest. war pigs is an anthem, but a lot better songs than that. purple rocks, heep, if you like heep try lucifers friend's first lp. it is not exactly like heep or purple but in the same heavy vein.

True, paraniod is the most played song, but damn is it still good :phones:

Muzoid

Reaction score
Huge fan!

Actually BS was the first concert I ever went to, and it was Ian Gillan singing, they actually did Smoke On The Water for an enchore, and Geezer highly elaborated on the bassline...it was wicked!!!!

That was also my first (and last) experience with LSD - hahaha, never again!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online