Debut matchup: Too Fast For Love vs On Through the Night

Debut: Too Fast For Love vs On Through the Night

• Total voters

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Two of the bigger and more successful bands of the 80's match up with their debut releases:

Motley Crue - Too Fast For Love

220px-Too_Fast.jpg

Track Listing (original track listing)
  1. "Live Wire"
  2. "Public Enemy #1"
  3. "Take Me to the Top"
  4. "Merry-Go-Round"
  5. "Piece of Your Action"
  6. "Starry Eyes"
  7. "Stick to Your Guns"
  8. "Come on and Dance"
  9. "Too Fast for Love"
  10. "On with the Show"
~vs~

Def Leppard - On Through the Night

220px-Def_Leppard_-_On_Through_the_Night.jpg

Track Listing:
  1. Rock Brigade
  2. Hello America
  3. Sorrow Is a Woman
  4. It Could Be You
  5. Satellite
  6. When the Walls Came Tumbling Down
  7. Wasted
  8. Rocks Off
  9. It Don't Matter
  10. Answer to the Master
  11. Overture

Lynch

Reaction score
Cool Def Lepp debut, but for me, it doesn't beat Motley Crue's first album. I remember when I FIRST heard Shout at the Devil, right after it was released, I was like "who the HELL is this and where do I get it!?". I bought Shout and Too Fast on the same day, still love both as much now as I did when I first heard them.

:bow:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Too fast For Love was my first Motley album to hear and to purchase.

Even though I voted Leppard, I'll tell ya I remember me and my friend (down the street) listening and re listening to the debut CRUE and thinking...where the hell did these guys come from.

By Theater of Pain it was like...yup...there's CRUE :heheh:

But one has to love the memories of the freshness of a new band hitting the scence.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Motleys second album imo was vastly superior to the debut album which was solid.

Lynch

Reaction score
But one has to love the memories of the freshness of a new band hitting the scence.
no doubt man. I was still a little bit naive with rock when Motley first hit the scene. By the time Shout at the Devil came out, I was really getting into a lot of the early 80's hard rock acts. Thinking back, i'm not sure if I had ever even heard of them before the US Festival. The SATD album came out a couple months after that, had a buddy who bought the Motley Crue album right away. Heard it and decided "I gotta get me some of that!", bought both of their albums right away.

I love some of those memories. Loved that era of rock too, as you well know. :cheers2

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
no doubt man. I was still a little bit naive with rock when Motley first hit the scene. By the time Shout at the Devil came out, I was really getting into a lot of the early 80's hard rock acts. Thinking back, i'm not sure if I had ever even heard of them before the US Festival. The SATD album came out a couple months after that, had a buddy who bought the Motley Crue album right away. Heard it and decided "I gotta get me some of that!", bought both of their albums right away.

I love some of those memories. Loved that era of rock too, as you well know. :cheers2

Right around that time I remember goin' to a friends house who brought out The Warning.

I had already had Queensryche's EP, but when he pulled that first full length LP out and cranked it up I was all....:pullhair:

Not meaning to get off track, but Too fast For Love makes me think of many great new albums that hit around the '83-'84 years.

Lynch

Reaction score
Hell yeah man.. I remember that QR album. First time I saw Queensryche, they were opening for Kiss on the Animalize tour, right around the time that The Warning came out. I became a QR fan on that very night (had 2nd row seats too, btw :D)

I agree, some of my greatest musical memories came during that 83-85 era of rock. :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online