David Gilmour - On An Island (2006)

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

David Gilmour / On an Island

51cbAHJxFTL._SX300_.jpg

On an Island is the third solo album by David Gilmour that was released March 6, 2006 on Gilmour's 60th birthday!

Notable appearances include David Crosby and Graham Nash, as well as late Pink Floyd keyboardist Richard Wright. Bob Klose. Guy Pratt, who has done studio work and toured with Pink Floyd, also appears.
Much of the album was recorded in Gilmour's private studio aboard his houseboat Astoria.

David Gilmour | The Voice and Guitar of Pink Floyd | Official Website

1. "Castellorizon" (Gilmour) – 3:54
2. "On an Island" (Gilmour/Samson) – 6:47
3. "The Blue" (Gilmour/Samson) – 5:26
4. "Take a Breath" (Gilmour/Samson) – 5:46
5. "Red Sky at Night" (Gilmour) – 2:51
6. "This Heaven" (Gilmour/Samson) – 4:24
7. "Then I Close My Eyes" (Gilmour) – 5:26
8. "Smile" (Gilmour/Samson) – 4:03
9. "A Pocketful of Stones" (Gilmour/Samson) – 6:17
10. "Where We Start" (Gilmour) – 6:45

This album is everything that you would expect from David Glimour and more! Longtime Floyd fans should like this album.

On A Island is also available DVD with a lot of bonus material, (On An Island ).

Puff Puff Pass!

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
Re: David Gilmour / On an Island

As you can see by my "location", I love David Gilmour and this album. I have all three of his solo albums.

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

As you can see by my "location", I love David Gilmour and this album. I have all three of his solo albums.

:D Cool!

I have 2, "On An Island" and "Live in Gdańsk".

Have you checked out Metallic Spheres with The Orb?

LukeMC

Madcap
Reaction score

Man I love this album. Thanks for posting. I hadn't seen the "making of" footage before. I certainly prefer this album to any of Waters' solo work (not to deride Roger's music, I enjoy that too).

Have you heard Metallic Spheres, Garrett? From that clip it seems interesting but I haven't really heard much about it or whether it's good. What do you think to it?

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

I haven't heard a Gilmour solo album since About Face. Thanks for the writeup, I"ll check out the vids in the first post. Listening to the title track right now, and the early solo is fantastic!

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I picked up this album quite some time ago. It's very lucid and a nice album from David. :)

Radagast

Reaction score
A few Christmas' ago I visited a relative on Christmas Day. He was showing David Gilmore's Gdansk concert on his large 64" screen TV and through his very fine audio system. This relative of mine is one of the finest sound technicians in the Eastern United States. Family, food, and fine tunes. It only got better after the next we opened the second bottle of Jamesons !

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Really like this album. Didn't warm to it first time I heard it, but after a few spins it has grown on me. Really good atmosphere. Not at all like his other solo albums.:grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Members online