• David Bowie

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • Elton John

Votes: 24 54.5%

• Total voters

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Elton...though only because he has continued to be very productive for over 40 years, whilst Bowie did a disappearing act and has turned into a recluse and a non artist (though he has just released a superb new album right out of the blue, though he has done nothing to promote it)....as great songwriters I couldn't choose between them.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I voted for Elton John for his seventies work with Gus Dudgeon. I stopped listening after Blue Moves, although The Complete Thom Bell Sessions are good. A whole album of David Bowie is too much for me and I can only listen to him in small doses.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I just listened to Eltons whole discography this past month and it's my favorite body of work ever by a classic rock artist and like Big Ears says the 70's material is amazing! I like Bowie but Elton wins by far for me! :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Both men are among my all time favorites but I have to back Bowie on this one. As much I love Elton, his body of work suffered a two decade lull that just hurts his otherwise amazing catalog too to edge out Bowie. While David did have his own lull in the late 80's and the early 90's it was due to his own creative adventuring. While Elton has only stayed in a couple of music pockets, Bowie has always expanded his style and while that could be a turn off for people who want to enjoy his catalog as a whole I think it only adds to it and his merit as a very bold artist.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Elton John on the basis of his 70's catalog alone. I like Bowie more now than I ever have but simply listen to more Elton albums than David's.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Staff online

Members online