Dave Mason - 26 Letters 12 Notes (2008)

Truckin

Ride Captain Ride
Reaction score
fp4bhu.jpg

After replying to another thread about Dave Mason and Cass Elliot, I decided to check Dave's website out to see what he has been up to. What I found was one of the best albums I've heard in quite some time. 26 Letters 12 Notes, released in 2008, is Dave's most recent recording. Dave has really remained true to his bluesy-rock soulful roots with this album singing songs about relationships gone bad and reconciliation with the song "Full Circle and Then", the funky love song "Good 2 You" which features guitar work reminiscent of Robert Cray, the ZZ Top sounding "Pink Lipstick", the rocker "Ain't Your Legs Tired Baby", and 8 other tracks guaranteed to please any Dave Mason fan.

The entire album is composed of great vocals, smooth guitar, and lyrics of a legend who has lived his life through song. I know I will be adding this to my collection and hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Tracks:
1. Good 2 U
2. Let Me Go
3. One Day
4. Pink Lipstick
5. How Do I Get To Heaven
6. Ain't Your Legs Tired Baby
7. You're Standing In My Light
8. Passing Thru The Flame
9. That's Love
10. El Toro
11. World Of Hunger
12. Fuller Circle And Then

Personnel: Dave Mason (vocals, guitar, background vocals); John Sambataro, Jonathan McEuen (acoustic guitar, electric guitar, background vocals); Renato Neto (strings, piano, Fender Rhodes piano, bass instrument); Angelo Morris (piano, Fender Rhodes piano, bass instrument); Eddie Baytos (piano, Fender Rhodes piano); Mike Mindingall (organ); Mike Finnegan (Hammond b-3 organ, background vocals); Billy Mason (Hammond b-3 organ); Alex Drizos, Ralphe Armstrong, Carmine Rojas (bass instrument); Tal Bergman (drum, percussion); Alvino Bennett (drum); Mark Pastoria (percussion, programming); Robert Vilera (percussion); Angela Bostic, Lashawn D. Gary, Jenean Presberry, Pamela Bowie Smith, Jaime Hanna, Beth Griffith, Suzanne Paris (background vocals).

Lala - Where music plays

Last edited:

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
Re: Dave Mason~ 12 Letters 12 Notes

I think most rock fans overlook how critical Dave Mason's contributions were to early Traffic. Here's a very psychedelic Dave Mason penned number from Traffic's early catalogue:

:guitar:

Truckin

Ride Captain Ride
Reaction score

Thanks Flower and Hepcat for sharing those videos. I'm a big fan of Traffic too. The days of Winwood, Mason,Wood and Capaldi are timeless. :bow:

Flower

retired
Reaction score

Some background on Dave Mason ...

Dave Mason
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dave Mason in 1974.
Background information
Birth name David Thomas Mason
Born 10 May 1946 (1946-05-10) (age 63)
Worcester, England
Genres Rock, folk-rock, pop
Occupations Session musician, singer-songwriter
Instruments Guitar, vocals, bass guitar, keyboards
Years active 1960s–present
Labels Blue Thumb Records
Columbia Records

Associated acts Traffic, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, George Harrison, Fleetwood Mac, Cass Elliot

Website Welcome to Dave Mason's Official Website

David Thomas "Dave" Mason (born 10 May 1946) is an English musician, singer, songwriter, and guitarist from Worcester, who first found fame with the rock band Traffic. In his long career, Mason has played and recorded with many of the era's most notable musicians, including Jimi Hendrix, Michael Jackson, The Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, George Harrison, Fleetwood Mac and Cass Elliot. Mason's best known song is "Feelin' Alright", recorded by Traffic in 1968 and covered by dozens of artists, including Joe Cocker, who had a major hit with the song in 1969. For Traffic, he also wrote "Hole in My Shoe", a kind of psychedelic satire that became a classic in its own right. "We Just Disagree", Mason's 1977 solo hit written by Jim Krueger, has become a staple of Oldies and Adult Contemporary radio playlists.

Truckin

Ride Captain Ride
Reaction score

I checked the tour schedule for Dave Mason and he is going to be at the Pepsi Cola Roadhouse in Burgettstown, Pa on May 8th. That's about 2 hours from me.Checked my calender and of course I have a previous commitment.

Bummer!:wa

Flower

retired
Reaction score

I checked the tour schedule for Dave Mason and he is going to be at the Pepsi Cola Roadhouse in Burgettstown, Pa on May 8th. That's about 2 hours from me.Checked my calender and of course I have a previous commitment.

Bummer!:wa

ani-hug1.gif

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score

Thanks Truckin', I didn't know about ''12 Letters 12 Notes''...

I'm gonna check out the album. Hopefully I can find in the stores.

If not, I'll order it online.

I'll be back to this thread, when I pick it up and give it a listen.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online