Darkthrone (Official Thread)

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
"A Blaze in the Northern Sky", "Under a Funeral Moon" and "Transylvanian Hunger" are the three essentials imo.

Those are the ones I have and TBH I've never heard anything but a song here there on Youtube other then that by Darkthrone.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
ok never ever listen to this band so on the name checks of albums by sharp dressed man and Vader. I`ll check out them albums a.s.a.p...

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Plaguewielder is also a good one to seek out.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
"A Blaze in the Northern Sky", "Under a Funeral Moon" and "Transylvanian Hunger" are the three essentials imo. The rest up to and including "The Cult Is Alive" is excellent and among the better black metal of the 90/00s (with "Sardonic Wrath" and "Ravishing Grimness" being the weakest of the bunch). I liked the change they did with "F.O.A.D.", which turned out to be a fun little record. The next two didn't do much for me, but I got really into "The Underground Resistance".

new to this band but still to jump in with the three albums your post here I`ll seek them out

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tundra Leech

Arctic Thunder is the upcoming album and from what I heard thankfully they seem to remember black metal roots.

Last edited:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Finally after nearly a decade Darkthrone have actually made a good album in Arctic Thunder. 2004 the last decent album they made whilst doing Black Metal.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
New song The Hardship of the Scots.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom